Will this decade be an embarrassment in the History Books?

All the news from the peanut gallery and where all the nasty trash talk fails miserably.
It can get NSFW-ish here: you have been warned!

Moderator: Animal

Animal
The Great Pretender

Will this decade be an embarrassment in the History Books?

Post by Animal »

The amount of gullibility in people, mostly ages 40 and up, is almost mind blowing. I'm not talking about politics here, although much of it seems to tie back to politics, but people will believe the most ignorant stuff. It seems people that are otherwise normal smart people, can be duped by misinformation so easily.

40 years ago we used to laugh at the crazy aunt that stayed up and bought cheap shit off the late night tv shopping shows because they thought they had gotten some valuable coin for cheap. Now its an epidemic, but instead of coins or jewelry its "facts" about anything you can imagine.
FreakShowFanatic
12 Monkeys and More!

Re: Will this decade be an embarrassment in the History Books?

Post by FreakShowFanatic »

PimpDaddy
Flat and Bony Ass Lover

Post by PimpDaddy »

Back in the day, there was an effort to bring real news to the table. It took research, days if not weeks, time write, edit and fact check. Then another round to either print in a newspaper and distribute, or create and edit videos for TV...all taking tons of time. After all that effort when it finally hit the consumer I think we all believed it as the truth.

Today, none of that matters, and it is just a race to get 'any' info in front of the consumer, as long as it is first...and plentiful. TV stations and sites need to fill consumer brains with so much to stay relevant, it doesn't matter if it is real/fake, good/bad, right/wrong, because in 15 minutes, there will be something else that comes along.

Unfortunately, anyone over 40 may have grown up to believe in the media blindly, like I did. It really sucks to think most of the stuff we see today is probably not 100% accurate. We should be smarter by now, and realize the insane amount of BS out there. Anyone younger than 40 should already know this, and not believe ANY of it, given the track record of honesty in the media of the past decade.

Now get off my lawn! Because the media said not to walk on it and spread nitrates, which causes holes in the ozone, cancer in kids, kills animals on contact, and is a landing beacon for aliens. I read it somewhere, it must be true.
Reservoir Dog
Ricky
Location: Kicking and a' gouging in the mud and the blood and the beer.

Post by Reservoir Dog »

It doesn't help that the electronics generation(s) has the attention span of a gnat.
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:00 am You both fucked up. You trusted me.
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

Like all recounts of history it depends on who is writing the report.
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
HighNDry
Christ, get a life already!

Post by HighNDry »

FreakShowFanatic wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 6:27 pm Image
Douchebag alert!
Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something.
-Mitch Hedberg
Reservoir Dog
Ricky

Post by Reservoir Dog »

HighNDry wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:21 pm
Douchebag alert!
FSF mocks it because he doesn't understand it.
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:00 am You both fucked up. You trusted me.
FreakShowFanatic
12 Monkeys and More!

Douchebag alert!
The only true douchebag here is you HighNDry. You are a disgusting individual and a minus on this planet. That's why you continue to bother me when I really want nothing to do with a loser like you. Your mother must be ashamed of you.
FreakShowFanatic
12 Monkeys and More!

Reservoir Dog wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:25 pm
Douchebag alert!
FSF mocks it because he doesn't understand it.
I mock it because I thoroughly understand it & highly disagree with flumper. More truth has been revealed in the past decade than ever before in society. That's my opinion. You baby boomers are the epitome of fake news. It took the boomers to put Trump into office, if that tells you something.
WestTexasCrude

Post by WestTexasCrude »

CHEEZY17 wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:15 pm Like all recounts of history it depends on who is writing the report.
This
WestTexasCrude

Post by WestTexasCrude »

PimpDaddy wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 6:45 pm Back in the day, there was an effort to bring real news to the table. It took research, days if not weeks, time write, edit and fact check. Then another round to either print in a newspaper and distribute, or create and edit videos for TV...all taking tons of time. After all that effort when it finally hit the consumer I think we all believed it as the truth.

Today, none of that matters, and it is just a race to get 'any' info in front of the consumer, as long as it is first...and plentiful. TV stations and sites need to fill consumer brains with so much to stay relevant, it doesn't matter if it is real/fake, good/bad, right/wrong, because in 15 minutes, there will be something else that comes along.

Unfortunately, anyone over 40 may have grown up to believe in the media blindly, like I did. It really sucks to think most of the stuff we see today is probably not 100% accurate. We should be smarter by now, and realize the insane amount of BS out there. Anyone younger than 40 should already know this, and not believe ANY of it, given the track record of honesty in the media of the past decade.

Now get off my lawn! Because the media said not to walk on it and spread nitrates, which causes holes in the ozone, cancer in kids, kills animals on contact, and is a landing beacon for aliens. I read it somewhere, it must be true.
And this so much. We all think of it as very annoying and all, but I contend that what the media is doing (And as PD pointed out, has been doing that last decade) is causing lasting damage to our Country. My favorite slogan I've heard is "The press is the immune system of our Democracy". I believe we are on the verge of a major virus and long lasting illness.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

there are so many directions that this topic can go, and most will likely take it political, but as an example. Just look at people's views on vaccinations. Just because of some bogus bs several years ago that somehow linked vaccines to autism (or whatever people started to believe) there are a lot (thousands? more?) of kids whose parents chose not to vaccinate them. Even though the science has been debunked, people don't hear that part. They still have visions of Jenny McCarthy (or whoever it was) burned in their stupid minds telling them a vaccination is going to damage their kid.
FreakShowFanatic
12 Monkeys and More!

Wasn't it the boomers back in the day that would tell you that cigarettes aren't harmful to your health? Child abuse didn't exist, and the catholic priests that were raping children did so without concern of being arrested. Back in the day, drunks could cruise around on the street all day risking innocent people's lives. Parents could physically abuse their kids without being arrested and bullies were admired. Minorities were discriminated against constantly and wrongfully convicted of crimes they did not commit.

Don't kid yourself WTC, there was even more fake media about almost everything back in the day. Now this selfish chump Trump doesn't even acknowledge global warming and pollution. Really, explain to me how things are getting worse for society as a whole, not just your own self interests.
FreakShowFanatic
12 Monkeys and More!

Biker wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:40 pm
FreakShowFanatic wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:28 pm Really, explain to me how things are getting worse for society as a whole, not just your own self interests.
Central American cockroaches are infesting our country at a rapid clip.
BTW Biker my wife is an American citizen, as is the rest of her 6 brothers and sisters that came to the US legally in the 70's. They are awesome hardworking people that are a plus here.

How a racist like you made it here is still beyond me. :lol: Remember QD, you made him a mod. :roll:

Just so you know, I don't agree with illegal immigrants either, so what's your point?
FreakShowFanatic
12 Monkeys and More!

Oh, & Biker, to imply that Trump is our leader when it comes to putting an end to illegal immigration is total bullshit. They just found 10 illegals employed at his NJ golf club 20 minutes from my house. What does that tell you? In America the polls overwhelmingly are against a fucking stupid wall because it's a useless waste of billions of dollars and not what's going to end illegals.

If the republicans would stop trying to save a buck, greedily rip off everyone else and hire & pay them under the table like the crooks they are than maybe they wouldn't be here. There are no illegals in my wife's family here. The ones that are here came the legal way, & the only cockroach is you Biker. I have a lot to be proud of when it comes to my wife Biker, and a lot to be ashamed of that I even know you. 8-)
HighNDry

Post by HighNDry »

FreakShowFanatic wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:48 pm
FreakShowFanatic wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:28 pm Really, explain to me how things are getting worse for society as a whole, not just your own self interests.
BTW Biker my wife is an American citizen
Don’t you mean that she’s an American Shitizen?
Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something.
-Mitch Hedberg
FreakShowFanatic
12 Monkeys and More!

HighNDry wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:55 pm
FreakShowFanatic wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:48 pm
BTW Biker my wife is an American citizen
Don’t you mean that she’s an American Shitizen?
Seriously dude. What are you, like 12 years old? Doesn't your father tell you to go do your homework or something when adults are trying to have a conversation. Christ, you're pitiful son, get a life, move on, and stop bothering me, PLEASE! You must have something better to do, you ignorant repulsive piece of shit. ;)
HighNDry

Post by HighNDry »

Triggered.
-Mitch Hedberg
FreakShowFanatic
12 Monkeys and More!

Biker wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:59 pm
FreakShowFanatic wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:55 pm Oh, & Biker, to imply that Trump is our leader when it comes to putting an end to illegal immigration is total bullshit. They just found 10 illegals employed at his NJ golf club 20 minutes from my house. What does that tell you? In America the polls overwhelmingly are against a fucking stupid wall because it's a useless waste of billions of dollars and not what's going to end illegals.

If the republicans would stop trying to save a buck, greedily rip off everyone else and hire & pay them under the table like the crooks they are than maybe they wouldn't be here. There are no illegals in my wife's family here. The ones that are here came the legal way, & the only cockroach is you Biker. I have a lot to be proud of when it comes to my wife Biker, and a lot to be ashamed of that I even know you. 8-)
Typical white boi cuck response. I know my Latina sisters and the only reason they marry a white boy is so they can escape the masculinity of Latino men and walk all over their husbands
I guess that's why I'm happily married and you're divorced Biker, I don't know what to tell you. Latina women are tired of being made secondary by dominating Latino men who like to bully them around and treat them like dogs. Can you blame them? Therefore, a great deal of them have moved on to something better, which is white males, that treat them as equals. Good for them, and fuck you Biker for again being abusive. You got what you deserved and so did I. In summary, you ain't all that boy. 8-)
FreakShowFanatic
12 Monkeys and More!

Biker wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:11 pm
FreakShowFanatic wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:04 pm
Biker wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:59 pm
FreakShowFanatic wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:55 pm Oh, & Biker, to imply that Trump is our leader when it comes to putting an end to illegal immigration is total bullshit. They just found 10 illegals employed at his NJ golf club 20 minutes from my house. What does that tell you? In America the polls overwhelmingly are against a fucking stupid wall because it's a useless waste of billions of dollars and not what's going to end illegals.

Typical white boi cuck response. I know my Latina sisters and the only reason they marry a white boy is so they can escape the masculinity of Latino men and walk all over their husbands
I guess that's why I'm happily married and you're divorced Biker, I don't know what to tell you. Latina women are tired of being made secondary by dominating Latino men who like to bully them around and treat them like dogs. Can you blame them? Therefore, a great deal of them have moved on to something better, which is white males, that treat them as equals. Good for them, and fuck you Biker for again being abusive. You got what you deserved and so did I. In summary, you ain't all that boy. 8-)
You cucks dont know how to get the best out of them, which is why most fuck around on you white bois. How much Latino dick is she taking these days?
The only one that is obsessed with Latino dick is you Biker. My wife has a life, full of friends, family, hard work, religion, sports, pretty much all good things. I have no reason to lie to you. She was the best thing that ever happened to me, why do you want to change the truth? It doesn't fit into your racist views? No, reality doesn't. It's time for you to change your ways and join reality son.
Reservoir Dog
Ricky

Post by Reservoir Dog »

HighNDry wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:02 pmTriggered.
It's easy.
FreakShowFanatic
12 Monkeys and More!

Reservoir Dog wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:32 pm
It's easy.
Notice how Biker literally says central american people are "cockroaches". Like they're not even human. That's something Hitler would do, and for a little fag like you not to say anything about it is predictable. You'll be all obsessed with trying to bust my balls yet you're not even man enough to stand up for what's right and condemn statements like a UJ mod constantly says on this board. It says a lot about you RD. Ask your wife what she thinks about it.
FreakShowFanatic
12 Monkeys and More!

ThirdRail wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:44 pm
FreakShowFanatic wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:55 pm
I guess that's why I'm happily married

YOU'RE happily married. Your wife is out trolling for strange dick at her gym while you sit on UJ every day.

:lol:
Wow. Here's another fag here making up stories because he's a little girl and a pitiful loser. I speak fact, and you speak lies little girl. Let me guess, you live with your mom and you have no girlfriend. That's the truth, so STFU.
FreakShowFanatic
12 Monkeys and More!

All Latina women are whores, according to UJ. Maybe QD can make a poll about that. Ask them QD, are all latina women whores? Yes/No. This is how pitiful and racist this board has become. :roll:
FreakShowFanatic
12 Monkeys and More!

FreakShowFanatic wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:46 pm
Reservoir Dog wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:32 pm
It's easy.
Notice how Biker literally says central american people are "cockroaches". Like they're not even human. That's something Hitler would do, and for a little fag like you not to say anything about it is predictable. You'll be all obsessed with trying to bust my balls yet you're not even man enough to stand up for what's right and condemn statements like a UJ mod constantly says on this board. It says a lot about you RD. Ask your wife what she thinks about it.
Seriously, it's that sad with some of the people on this board.