got a wedding invitation

All the news from the peanut gallery and where all the nasty trash talk fails miserably.
It can get NSFW-ish here: you have been warned!

Moderator: Animal

jsdspif
Tells *VERY* interesting (but true) stories.

got a wedding invitation

Post by jsdspif »

my nephew.so it looks like they are taking a portion of each of their last names and joining them together to make a new name for themselves using the new name they made. Have you ever heard of that? I wonder if that's even legal? Other than that not much going on here. I discovered the other day my pig's eyeball was missing so the neighbor came over and doublechecked my diagnosis and agreed so he took care of her for me. I wasn't really upset because she must have been terribly uncircumcized to say the least. You couldn't tell unless you had a straight line of site to her face,i saw it from about 80 feet away,the neighbor got on the ground to look at it.Standing over her you couldn't see the injury,so I don't know what ,how or when it happened.I had been really watching her lately because she had days when she wouldn't put weight on her front leg.so no more pig. she was about 10 years old,that's about the average for a mini pig.
Biker
Official UJR Russian Asset

Re: got a wedding invitation

Post by Biker »

stonedmegman
In Search of vitamin T

Post by stonedmegman »

Keep an eye out for that pig.
QANON IS JUST SCIENTOLOGY FOR HILLBILLIES
WarmBidetWater
Forum God

Post by WarmBidetWater »

Eyed say you were better off without that hog...
QillerDaemon
Crazy Old Cat Lady
Interests: キラーデモン

Post by QillerDaemon »

jsdspif wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 9:39 pm my nephew.so it looks like they are taking a portion of each of their last names and joining them together to make a new name for themselves using the new name they made. Have you ever heard of that? I wonder if that's even legal?
Depends on the state, but in most, yes it is. All states decades back stopped the practice of forcing women to change their name at marriage to the husband's. When we got married here in Orange County FL, my wife in fact took the opportunity to take her birth name back after over 30 years of having someone else's name, and the clerk said I also had the chance to change my name if I wanted to anything I desired. My wife wanted to live what's left of her life with her own damn name, and that's perfectly fine with me, why not. My first wife didn't change her name, either, they don't do that sort of thing where she's from.

My son got married a few weeks back, he and his new wife are considering hyphenating their names together. His mother and I collared him with a long ass name of mine-hers, Spanish style. He usually just goes by my name, dropping hers, but legally he has eight full syllables to write out. So he and his new wife are thinking of my last name plus her step-father's name, but reversing it. He'd be hers-his, and she'd be his-hers. And then his name would legally be a -lot- shorter, three syllables. The remaining question is, what about the kid(s)?

These days you can legally change up with whatever you want as long as the judge doesn't consider it distasteful or obnoxious.
If you can't be a good example, you can still serve as a horrible warning.
“All mushrooms are edible. Some even more than once!”
これを グーグル 翻訳に登録してくれておめでとう、バカ。
stonedmegman
In Search of vitamin T

Post by stonedmegman »

We hyphenate here all the time.

City + idiots = citiots

Tourists + morons = tourons
QANON IS JUST SCIENTOLOGY FOR HILLBILLIES
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

Mrs. Cheezy is old school. She couldn't wait to have my name.
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
B-Tender
Christ, get a life already!

Post by B-Tender »

CHEEZY17 wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 1:57 pm Mrs. Cheezy is old school. She couldn't wait to have my name.
too many consonants and not enough vowels in her maiden name?
QillerDaemon
Crazy Old Cat Lady

Post by QillerDaemon »

CHEEZY17 wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 1:57 pm Mrs. Cheezy is old school. She couldn't wait to have my name.
I know a lot of women who decided to change their name on marriage due to hating their birth name or because of their own feelings on marriage unity, whatever. It's none of my business and don't care, and it's their own decision to change it by a conscience choice. Just not something I think the government should be have any involvement in. It's not like women are chattel these days.

When my wife got married in Iowa back in '70 to her first husband, it was mandated by law, she had no say in it, and the marriage license immediately made her known going from Miss Birth to Mrs Married. It was a name she hated (long story), but held on to it for 14 years until she remarried due to how hard it is to go back changing records. Then she got strapped with even a worse name (a six syllable Italian name) for 21 years until she married me. A marriage license makes it really easy to change a name, nobody can argue with it. It was one of my two wedding gifts to her, she getting her birth name back and paying off the balance of her mortgage, and I was more than happy to do both for her.
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

B-Tender wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 6:14 pm
too many consonants and not enough vowels in her maiden name?
Sort of. She's traditional that way plus her maiden name is pretty long so it was something she looked forward to.
Last edited by CHEEZY17 on Sun Feb 18, 2024 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
Biker

Post by Biker »

Same

Wife gets the added bonus of having a Latino last name for her DEI score
QillerDaemon
Crazy Old Cat Lady

Post by QillerDaemon »

Biker wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 2:04 am
Same

Brazilians are Latinos? :?
Reservoir Dog
Ricky
Location: Kicking and a' gouging in the mud and the blood and the beer.

Post by Reservoir Dog »

QillerDaemon wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 2:27 am
Same

I think the more common term is wetback.
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:00 am You both fucked up. You trusted me.
Biker

Post by Biker »

Same

Yes

*Brasilians
Biker

Post by Biker »

Reservoir Dog wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 3:00 am
Same

There’s the tolerant racism that resides in each leftist. Well done, Rick!
Reservoir Dog
Ricky
Location: Kicking and a' gouging in the mud and the blood and the beer.

Post by Reservoir Dog »

Biker wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 3:39 am
Same

Aww, poor Biker likes to dish it out, but he can't take it. What a shocker! :lol:
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:00 am You both fucked up. You trusted me.
QillerDaemon
Crazy Old Cat Lady

Post by QillerDaemon »

Biker wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 3:38 am
Same

Yes

*Brasilians
OK, well if you say so. A heavily under-reported culture here in Orlando is the Brazilians. And yea, I know you spell it with an "s", not a "z". There are lots of Brazilians here, and their restaurants are becoming more known, including two huge steak houses and pizza shops. The guy who knocked down the big lot across from us is named Joao, and he intends on building houses for fellow Brazilians, which is OK by me. Unlike some of the cultures living in this neighborhood, I think we can do with more Brazilians, to be honest. Like the (dot head) Indians, they move in and make the neighborhood better for it, and make the trash move out.

But one thing I've learned is they do -not- appreciate being called Latinos because of the Hispanic association. They don't appreciate being compared to Puerto Ricans, Cubans, or even Colombians, another large but unknown culture here. Maybe it's different where you are (Dallas, Arizona?), where a Brazilian is possibly a one-in-a-million type person. But it's not the same here. The Koreans feel the same way, they dislike their culture and food being compared to the Chinese.
rule34
No life apart from this stupid forum board

Post by rule34 »

Same

As opposed to your intolerant racism?
du.du.du.dude looks like a lady
Biker

Post by Biker »

rule34 wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 3:57 pm
Same

As opposed to your intolerant racism?
Yeah? Where is my racism?
Biker

Post by Biker »

QillerDaemon wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 2:37 pm
Biker wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 3:38 am
Same

Yes

*Brasilians
OK, well if you say so. A heavily under-reported culture here in Orlando is the Brazilians. And yea, I know you spell it with an "s", not a "z". There are lots of Brazilians here, and their restaurants are becoming more known, including two huge steak houses and pizza shops. The guy who knocked down the big lot across from us is named Joao, and he intends on building houses for fellow Brazilians, which is OK by me. Unlike some of the cultures living in this neighborhood, I think we can do with more Brazilians, to be honest. Like the (dot head) Indians, they move in and make the neighborhood better for it, and make the trash move out.

But one thing I've learned is they do -not- appreciate being called Latinos because of the Hispanic association. They don't appreciate being compared to Puerto Ricans, Cubans, or even Colombians, another large but unknown culture here. Maybe it's different where you are (Dallas, Arizona?), where a Brazilian is possibly a one-in-a-million type person. But it's not the same here. The Koreans feel the same way, they dislike their culture and food being compared to the Chinese.
I guess the more proper term would be Hispanic, as most of my ancestry is traced back to the Iberian Peninsula. Latino is a good term for Central and South Americans that have indigenous blood in them