Enjoy the cold...

All the news from the peanut gallery and where all the nasty trash talk fails miserably.
It can get NSFW-ish here: you have been warned!

Moderator: Animal

stonedmegman
In Search of vitamin T

Re: Enjoy the cold...

Post by stonedmegman »

If it's 0 today and it's suppose to be twice as cold tomorrow, how cold will it be?
QANON IS JUST SCIENTOLOGY FOR HILLBILLIES
Blast
Blast-A-Ho
Interests: Boobs, metal, boobs

Post by Blast »

Canada let the child sneak across the border again, but I've been wanting to get out ice fishing so maybe the lakes will finally freeze up.
If life were fair every guy's dick would be the same size.
Reservoir Dog
Ricky
Location: Kicking and a' gouging in the mud and the blood and the beer.

Post by Reservoir Dog »

Blast wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 3:31 am Canada let the child sneak across the border again, but I've been wanting to get out ice fishing so maybe the lakes will finally freeze up.
This storm came up from the south. It's all 'Merrica's fault!
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:00 am You both fucked up. You trusted me.
Blast
Blast-A-Ho

Post by Blast »

Reservoir Dog wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 3:41 am
Blast wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 3:31 am Canada let the child sneak across the border again, but I've been wanting to get out ice fishing so maybe the lakes will finally freeze up.
I'm talking about the cold following the storm you syrup guzzling hoser.
Reservoir Dog
Ricky

Post by Reservoir Dog »

Blast wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 3:43 am
I'm talking about the cold following the storm you syrup guzzling hoser.
You're welcome. Enjoy the ice fishing.
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:00 am You both fucked up. You trusted me.
Cyberhonky
Needs to step away from the keyboard.

Post by Cyberhonky »

I thought it was global boiling
Vote for Pedro
Reservoir Dog
Ricky

Post by Reservoir Dog »

Blast
Blast-A-Ho

Post by Blast »

I need to fire the grill up. I have a venison roast I want to smoke this week. The wood is gong to have to get unburied too I guess.

Reservoir Dog
Ricky

Post by Reservoir Dog »

My oldest daughter is in Wainwright, Alberta. She says it -47°C there right now. :eek:

(that's -52°F for you metric impaired Merricans)
Blast
Blast-A-Ho

Post by Blast »

Reservoir Dog wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 6:36 pm My oldest daughter is in Wainwright, Alberta. She says it -47°C there right now. :eek:

(that's -52°F for you metric impaired Merricans)
Freedom fractions. That with or without windchill?
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

fffffff fuck this shit. Windchill about 0 F right now. Its fucking cold. I had to replace a water valve outside yesterday before this shit even hit. This is going to test everything on a Texan's house for the next 3 days. The plumbers better start with a full tank of gas and plenty of rest and ready for Wednesday to get here.
rule34
No life apart from this stupid forum board

Post by rule34 »

Animal wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 7:58 pm fffffff fuck this shit. Windchill about 0 F right now. Its fucking cold. I had to replace a water valve outside yesterday before this shit even hit. This is going to test everything on a Texan's house for the next 3 days. The plumbers better start with a full tank of gas and plenty of rest and ready for Wednesday to get here.
Pussy, 8 below F with 30 below wind chill this morning. Call when you get cold.
du.du.du.dude looks like a lady
peterosehaircut
No life apart from this stupid forum board

Post by peterosehaircut »

Latest pic of my back yard.

Some of those drifts are around 12 feet deep. High today of -7°
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

Walking from Ford Field tonight (Lions win!) to the parking lot was brutal. My fucking face was numb by the time we got back to the car.
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
jsdspif
Tells *VERY* interesting (but true) stories.

Post by jsdspif »

i have a pleasant -10 F here in southwest michigan.I'm guessing that's probably going to be a record low. I know some years ago it seems like we had a -6 or -8 and they said that was the coldest ever recorded.I'm thinking that was 10 years ago. All this week it's getting almost that cold and not really getting warmer until next weekend,supposed to shoot up to 17 above. We got really wet snow a few days ago and then about a foot of fluffy stuff but having the wet stuff under it my snowblower didn't work worth a shit.The snow packed to the tires/chains and then would just spin.I thought it would be nice if there was some type of brush that would brush off the tires/chains so you'd have clean tires contacting the surface.I'm going to look into that.
QillerDaemon
Crazy Old Cat Lady
Interests: キラーデモン

Post by QillerDaemon »

Hate Florida Day 2024! :mrgreen:

If you can't be a good example, you can still serve as a horrible warning.
“All mushrooms are edible. Some even more than once!”
これを グーグル 翻訳に登録してくれておめでとう、バカ。
stonedmegman
In Search of vitamin T

Post by stonedmegman »

It's like Floridah has an STD. :lol:
Antknot
Not UJR's Military Attaché

Post by Antknot »

stonedmegman
In Search of vitamin T

Post by stonedmegman »

Gonna get stinky in Texas :lol:

Texans Asked to Not Use Their Washing Machines as Weather Tests Grid

Texas residents were asked to avoid using large appliances such as washing machines to conserve energy as frigid temperatures threatened the state's power grid.

The Electric Reliability Council of Texas (ERCOT), which operates 90 percent of the state's electric load, urged residents to conserve energy ahead of "tight conditions" as bitterly cold conditions hit the Lone Star State on Monday.

Nearly the entire state was under some form of winter weather advisory, according to the National Weather Service (NWS), and the conditions were expected to last through Tuesday. The cold weather was likely to lead to high demand for energy, and an ERCOT webpage suggested that Texans could conserve power by refraining from using large appliances.

Other suggestions included lowering the thermostat by a degree or two, turning off and unplugging nonessential lights and appliances, turning off unused lights and equipment at commercial offices and turning off the heat at commercial businesses outside of operating hours.
https://www.newsweek.com/texans-asked-n ... id-1860861
Antknot
Not UJR's Military Attaché

Post by Antknot »

Biker
Official UJR Russian Asset

Post by Biker »

stonedmegman wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 9:32 am Gonna get stinky in Texas :lol:

Texans Asked to Not Use Their Washing Machines as Weather Tests Grid

Texas residents were asked to avoid using large appliances such as washing machines to conserve energy as frigid temperatures threatened the state's power grid.

The Electric Reliability Council of Texas (ERCOT), which operates 90 percent of the state's electric load, urged residents to conserve energy ahead of "tight conditions" as bitterly cold conditions hit the Lone Star State on Monday.

Nearly the entire state was under some form of winter weather advisory, according to the National Weather Service (NWS), and the conditions were expected to last through Tuesday. The cold weather was likely to lead to high demand for energy, and an ERCOT webpage suggested that Texans could conserve power by refraining from using large appliances.

Other suggestions included lowering the thermostat by a degree or two, turning off and unplugging nonessential lights and appliances, turning off unused lights and equipment at commercial offices and turning off the heat at commercial businesses outside of operating hours.
https://www.newsweek.com/texans-asked-n ... id-1860861
No outages here
Biker
Official UJR Russian Asset

Post by Biker »

Albertans Asked to Conserve Power to Minimize Potential for Rotating Outages

CALGARY, Alberta, Jan. 13, 2024 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — The AESO declared a Grid Alert today at 3:30 p.m. in response to ongoing extreme cold temperatures across western Canada, restricted imports and very high demand.

Albertans are asked to immediately reduce their electricity use to essential needs only. Reducing peak electricity demand through province-wide conservation will minimize the high potential for rotating outages this evening.

Currently, the AESO projects the Alberta grid will face a 100 to 200 MW shortfall of electricity during peak evening hours. Immediate power conservation could make a significant difference in reducing overall system demand, currently at approximately 12,000 MW. To put these numbers into perspective, tonight the City of Calgary will be drawing approximately 1,650 MW of electricity, and, if rotating outages are implemented, will need to reduce power by approximately 50 MW.
Reservoir Dog
Ricky

Post by Reservoir Dog »

Biker wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 3:25 pm

CALGARY, Alberta, Jan. 13, 2024 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — The AESO declared a Grid Alert today at 3:30 p.m. in response to ongoing extreme cold temperatures across western Canada, restricted imports and very high demand.

Albertans are asked to immediately reduce their electricity use to essential needs only. Reducing peak electricity demand through province-wide conservation will minimize the high potential for rotating outages this evening.

Currently, the AESO projects the Alberta grid will face a 100 to 200 MW shortfall of electricity during peak evening hours. Immediate power conservation could make a significant difference in reducing overall system demand, currently at approximately 12,000 MW. To put these numbers into perspective, tonight the City of Calgary will be drawing approximately 1,650 MW of electricity, and, if rotating outages are implemented, will need to reduce power by approximately 50 MW.
It was -35°C (-31°F) in Calgary.
That's a tad bit colder than it was in Texas, ya think?
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

Reservoir Dog wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 3:42 pm

Is -35 C colder than normal for you guys?
Reservoir Dog
Ricky

Post by Reservoir Dog »

Animal wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 3:44 pm
Reservoir Dog wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 3:42 pm

Is -35 C colder than normal for you guys?
Yes.
It was -45 C in Edmonton.