Hi-speed internet

All the news from the peanut gallery and where all the nasty trash talk fails miserably.
It can get NSFW-ish here: you have been warned!

Moderator: Animal

Reservoir Dog
Ricky
Location: Kicking and a' gouging in the mud and the blood and the beer.

Re: Hi-speed internet

Post by Reservoir Dog »

stonedmegman wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 11:24 pm
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 10:19 pm And since nobody answered from before, I'll bring it up again. What's the use of having blazing internet speeds (248, 351, 622, 731, whatever), when your receiving devices (PC, cell phones, smart TV's, tablets, whatever) can only handle something much less (105, 130, 165, 200, whatever)?
I have 500 up/down. I'm getting 475. What can't my PC handle?
CTC is having trouble streaming movies on his Commodore 64. :lol:
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:00 am You both fucked up. You trusted me.
Burn1dwn
Non-Gay Omar

Post by Burn1dwn »

Not sure if this is a internet speed problem, computer or bad development but how come after i break all the Christmas lights on the UJ Banner and hit refresh to do it again, the sound is off. So now I just hit the You Gee Are tab and the sound is good.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

CentralTexasCrude wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 10:19 pm And since nobody answered from before, I'll bring it up again. What's the use of having blazing internet speeds (248, 351, 622, 731, whatever), when your receiving devices (PC, cell phones, smart TV's, tablets, whatever) can only handle something much less (105, 130, 165, 200, whatever)?
can you please hold for a few minutes while our expert does some googling? Thanks.

your question is very important to us.
Reservoir Dog
Ricky

Post by Reservoir Dog »

Animal wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 11:47 pm
can you please hold for a few minutes while our expert does some googling? Thanks.

your question is very important to us.
Will there be a meeting on this?
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:00 am You both fucked up. You trusted me.
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet
Location: In the middle of frickin everywhere's bad thoughts.

Post by CentralTexasCrude »

Sure you do :lol:
stonedmegman
In Search of vitamin T

Post by stonedmegman »

CentralTexasCrude wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 12:38 am
What part of this would you like me to type slower so you can comprehend it?

QANON IS JUST SCIENTOLOGY FOR HILLBILLIES
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet

stonedmegman wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:42 am
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 12:38 am
What part of this would you like me to type slower so you can comprehend it?

It's not your internet speed I'm questioning ya Dupe. It could be 1,700 MPS up or down for all a I care. But if your receiving units can only handle 200, then the whole deal is a waste of time and money. I'm guessing even a Canadian like your yourself will wake up in the middle of the night soon and say "HEY".
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet

I guess you don't realize, when you use your PC, Cell phone, Tablet and do a internet speed test, it's telling you what your internet speed is through your internet provider, NOT what what your receiving unit (PC, Cell phone, Tablet) is actually using. Not even close.
stonedmegman
In Search of vitamin T

Post by stonedmegman »

CentralTexasCrude wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 3:15 am I guess you don't realize, when you use your PC, Cell phone, Tablet and do a internet speed test, it's telling you what your internet speed is through your internet provider, NOT what what your receiving unit (PC, Cell phone, Tablet) is actually using. Not even close.
If your internet card can't handle it then you would get shit speeds.

Do you ever tire of being wrong?
Reservoir Dog
Ricky

Post by Reservoir Dog »

CentralTexasCrude wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 3:15 am I guess you don't realize, when you use your PC, Cell phone, Tablet and do a internet speed test, it's telling you what your internet speed is through your internet provider, NOT what what your receiving unit (PC, Cell phone, Tablet) is actually using. Not even close.
As always, Mr. Always Wrong is always wrong. :lol:
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

Reservoir Dog wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 3:40 am
he is exceptionally wrong about this topic. :lol: He's probably remembering a story his dad told him years ago about a car and why it has 120 mph on the speedometer.
stonedmegman
In Search of vitamin T

Post by stonedmegman »

Animal wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 2:21 pm
Reservoir Dog wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 3:40 am
he is exceptionally wrong about this topic. :lol: He's probably remembering a story his dad told him years ago about a car and why it has 120 mph on the speedometer.
His idiocy knows no bounds. :lol: :lol: :lol:
QillerDaemon
Crazy Old Cat Lady
Interests: キラーデモン

Post by QillerDaemon »

Well, I'm not going to pile on you, you're kind of right, but misidentifying the device where the speed is being calculated. The device is your internet provider's gateway, really a network bridge, but usually called a router or modem. That's the device that provides the public facing interface between your internal network and your internet provider. The devices connecting to your internet gateway on the internal side can be quite a bit slower, such as older Wi-FI router which can only go to 54 Mbps, or a 100 Mbps switch. The devices inside your network often do connect at much slower rates, but as newer equipment rolls out with faster link rates, it should start to even out.
If you can't be a good example, you can still serve as a horrible warning.
“All mushrooms are edible. Some even more than once!”
これを グーグル 翻訳に登録してくれておめでとう、バカ。
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

QillerDaemon wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 4:34 pm
Well, I'm not going to pile on you, you're kind of right, but misidentifying the device where the speed is being calculated. The device is your internet provider's gateway, really a network bridge, but usually called a router or modem. That's the device that provides the public facing interface between your internal network and your internet provider. The devices connecting to your internet gateway on the internal side can be quite a bit slower, such as older Wi-FI router which can only go to 54 Mbps, or a 100 Mbps switch. The devices inside your network often do connect at much slower rates, but as newer equipment rolls out with faster link rates, it should start to even out.
maybe. if you have to put your telephone receiver into a cradle to log on and boot your computer up with a floppy disc.
BigChiefin
Needs to step away from the keyboard.

Post by BigChiefin »

Animal wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 6:02 pm
maybe. if you have to put your telephone receiver into a cradle to log on and boot your computer up with a floppy disc.
Who here could hear this post? IYKYK
Reservoir Dog
Ricky

Post by Reservoir Dog »

BigChiefin wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 9:20 pm
Animal wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 6:02 pm
Who here could hear this post? IYKYK
Meanwhile, in Kerrville...

rule34
No life apart from this stupid forum board

Post by rule34 »

wtc is right because there is only one user per internet connection.
du.du.du.dude looks like a lady