Bidenomics

For all the MAGAt Trumpeteers and Lie-brul commies to post their wearisome screeds.
The board admins are not responsible for any items posted from Biker's FaceBook feed.
Anyone posting Ben Garrison comics gets a three-day vacation.

In memory of our lost political forum members. :cry:

Moderator: Biker

Animal
The Great Pretender

Bidenomics

Post by Animal »

It appears that Moody's is moving to, once again, lower America's credit rating. The AAA rating could be history. What a sad day for this once great economy.
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Re: Bidenomics

Post by CHEEZY17 »

Yet the Democrats will tell us we just dont understand how awesome they are doing!
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

Fucking clueless!

DNC Touts ‘Bidenomics at Work’ Hours After New Poll Shows Just 24% of DEMOCRATS Say They’re Financially Better Off With Biden
https://www.mediaite.com/news/dnc-touts ... ith-biden/
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

CHEEZY17 wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 2:46 am Fucking clueless!

DNC Touts ‘Bidenomics at Work’ Hours After New Poll Shows Just 24% of DEMOCRATS Say They’re Financially Better Off With Biden
i have a young couple leasing some land to bow hunt from me. i met them last week-end, the had shot a buck and wanted to show me and had their kids, etc. anyway, they were talking about wanting to build and how impossible it is right now to borrow money. they are actually planning to wait until after the election to see if interest rates get better. they didn't elaborate on what that meant, but i assumed they were hoping bidenomics would be over with. they were talking about how hard it is starting out right now for young people and building credit at these rates.

they were absolutely sure about one thing though. this all, every bit, 100% all happened during this presidency.
Burn1dwn
Non-Gay Omar

Post by Burn1dwn »

Animal wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 2:49 am

i have a young couple leasing some land to bow hunt from me. i met them last week-end, the had shot a buck and wanted to show me and had their kids, etc. anyway, they were talking about wanting to build and how impossible it is right now to borrow money. they are actually planning to wait until after the election to see if interest rates get better. they didn't elaborate on what that meant, but i assumed they were hoping bidenomics would be over with. they were talking about how hard it is starting out right now for young people and building credit at these rates.

they were absolutely sure about one thing though. this all, every bit, 100% all happened during this presidency.
You lease land to people to bow hunt? How does that work?
Antknot
Not UJR's Military Attaché

Post by Antknot »

saltydog
Chief Biden Ballwasher

Post by saltydog »

Antknot wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 12:21 pm Image
Yeah, I forgot that gas prices are controlled by the President. 🙄

I'll still go with the guy who isn't under criminal indictment.
The problem is not that there is evil in the world, the problem is that there is good. Because otherwise, who would care?
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

Burn1dwn wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 3:05 am
Animal wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 2:49 am

You lease land to people to bow hunt? How does that work?
it works like leasing any land to a hunter. what do you mean?
Antknot

Post by Antknot »

saltydog wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 1:18 pm

Not controlled, influenced. In Biden’s case negatively. Especially when you consider canceling the pipeline, canceling on the issue of oil leases. The selling of strategic reserves, and then buying foreign oil to replace it. And at a higher price.
saltydog
Chief Biden Ballwasher

Post by saltydog »

Antknot wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 3:14 pm

Not controlled, influenced. In Biden’s case negatively. Especially when you consider canceling the pipeline, canceling on the issue of oil leases. The selling of strategic reserves, and then buying foreign oil to replace it. And at a higher price.
All of those actions are done and controlled by oil companies. Supply and demand are market driven.

Go look up how profitable gas companies have been in 2023 and tell me that it's Biden's fault.

By the way, gas prices relative to other countries is still marginal.
The problem is not that there is evil in the world, the problem is that there is good. Because otherwise, who would care?
Burn1dwn
Non-Gay Omar

Post by Burn1dwn »

Animal wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 1:28 pm
Sorry, i should have been more clear. What are the terms? I am not familar with hunting leases. Just curious how you do with it. Seems like it's is pretty passive income.
dot
Dodgin’ Ese

Post by dot »

Burn1dwn wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 11:46 pm Sorry, i should have been more clear. What are the terms? I am not familar with hunting leases. Just curious how you do with it. Seems like it's is pretty passive income.
Speaking from limited personal experience, hunter side, you are allotted time and animal count for such and such money. Not knowing the landowner's side, I imagine there'd be some upkeep like any landowner's. Fencing, feeding sites, hunting structures like blinds if it's that kind of land plot. As long as you have steady game and the landowner manages it not to be killed off majorly or entirely by the hunters, then I'd think it can bring in a penny or two.
Burn1dwn
Non-Gay Omar

Post by Burn1dwn »

dot wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 11:57 pm
Burn1dwn wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 11:46 pm Sorry, i should have been more clear. What are the terms? I am not familar with hunting leases. Just curious how you do with it. Seems like it's is pretty passive income.
Speaking from limited personal experience, hunter side, you are allotted time and animal count for such and such money. Not knowing the landowner's side, I imagine there'd be some upkeep like any landowner's. Fencing, feeding sites, hunting structures like blinds if it's that kind of land plot. As long as you have steady game and the landowner manages it not to be killed off majorly or entirely by the hunters, then I'd think it can bring in a penny or two.
That makes sense. So you can lease the land for a few days up to the entire season? Probably can lease the same land to multiple hunters too. Seems like a good idea if you have the right land.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

Burn1dwn wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 11:46 pm
Animal wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 1:28 pm
Sorry, i should have been more clear. What are the terms? I am not familar with hunting leases. Just curious how you do with it. Seems like it's is pretty passive income.
Well, there is a contract. The hunters have to forfeit any rights to injury or such and indemnify me completely for anything related to them. etc. but the meat and potatoes are that they have a lock on one gate they can come in. they have access to part of the property that is laid out in the lease. they have limits on what they can erect (temporary stands, feeders, etc). there are limits on what vehicles they can bring (4 wheelers, etc) and must have proof of insurance on each. they have to provide copies of hunting licenses and are limited to who can hunt (as specified in the lease). they are limited on what they can hunt (white tailed deer, turkey, dove, feral hogs, ducks, etc). there are limits on the hours they can hunt. notice must be given on when they will be on the property, etc. its just a bunch of bullshit mostly, but most of all i talk it all out with the hunters prior and we agree to the terms. then they pay a fee per hunter for the term of the lease (1 year). for this couple the hunters are the husband and wife and they both bow hunt for deer and hogs. I allow them to hunt dove and ducks, too. and he does odd jobs around the lease and helps with pictures and documentation when it comes time for the annual wildlife exemptions (for property taxes). and i can basically kick their ass off at a moment's notice if they do anything that i don't like. and i don't charge much, so they don't screw it up.
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

AMERICANS HOLD GRIM VIEW OF ECONOMY
https://www.suffolk.edu/news-features/n ... -poll-2023

"Kitchen table financial issues were paramount in respondents’ minds. Americans overwhelmingly said they are cutting back on spending. More than 71% said they are going out to eat less often. They are dialing back spending on clothing purchases (68%), groceries (53%), vacations (58%), and canceling or delaying home improvements (57%)."

"Nearly 60% of those polled said they disapproved of President Joe Biden’s handling of the economy, and when asked whether they had more trust in Biden or Donald Trump to improve it, the respondents favored Trump by a 47%-36% margin."
Antknot

Post by Antknot »

saltydog wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 5:34 pm

All of those actions are done and controlled by oil companies. Supply and demand are market driven.

Go look up how profitable gas companies have been in 2023 and tell me that it's Biden's fault.

Honest question here: do you really believe that oil companies canceled the pipeline and canceled issuing oil leases?
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

Antknot wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 6:22 am
saltydog wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 5:34 pm

Honest question here: do you really believe that oil companies canceled the pipeline and canceled issuing oil leases?
Or hostile rhetoric and other consequential actions toward the oil companies via the green push or using and not replenishing the Strategic reserve?
The administration does not "control" prices but it sure as shit can "influence" them.
I just know my Exxon/Mobile stock has fucking killed it since I bought it. :D
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

Average U.S. Mortgage Payment Skyrockets 46% In One Year
https://www.forbes.com/advisor/mortgage ... -one-year/
Antknot

Post by Antknot »