Last night's Republican debate

For all the MAGAt Trumpeteers and Lie-brul commies to post their wearisome screeds.
The board admins are not responsible for any items posted from Biker's FaceBook feed.
Anyone posting Ben Garrison comics gets a three-day vacation.

In memory of our lost political forum members. :cry:

Moderator: Biker

Animal
The Great Pretender

Re: Last night's Republican debate

Post by Animal »

hawkfan8812 wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 10:10 pm I was at a customer site for a week in SLC and met Romney and his son while we were all at a local lunch spot. He seemed down to earth, smart and quite nice.
he was just so out of touch with his ability to speak directly to people. Same problem Al Gore had. They just seemed too plastic.
saltydog
Chief Biden Ballwasher

Post by saltydog »

Animal wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 10:14 pm
hawkfan8812 wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 10:10 pm I was at a customer site for a week in SLC and met Romney and his son while we were all at a local lunch spot. He seemed down to earth, smart and quite nice.
he was just so out of touch with his ability to speak directly to people. Same problem Al Gore had. They just seemed too plastic.
Too centrist.
The problem is not that there is evil in the world, the problem is that there is good. Because otherwise, who would care?
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

saltydog wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 10:15 pm
Animal wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 10:14 pm
Too centrist.
which i think this country is crying for right now. from either party. just someone middle of the road that just wants to keep it between the lanes for four years while we bring this national debt down.
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

Animal wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 10:00 pm my god. this sounds like a conversation on The View.
For realz. QD and Salty diving deep!

Fuck, is it controversial to say DeSantis and Haley have different styles? That seems pretty obvious to me.
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
dot
Dodgin’ Ese

Post by dot »

Animal wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 10:17 pm which i think this country is crying for right now. from either party. just someone middle of the road that just wants to keep it between the lanes for four years while we bring this national debt down.
Sounds like you want Joe Biden. Welcome aboard.
saltydog
Chief Biden Ballwasher

Post by saltydog »

dot wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 10:54 pm
Animal wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 10:17 pm which i think this country is crying for right now. from either party. just someone middle of the road that just wants to keep it between the lanes for four years while we bring this national debt down.
Oh the irony.
The problem is not that there is evil in the world, the problem is that there is good. Because otherwise, who would care?
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

i will be honest, I thought that's who he would be during the 2020 election. I felt like he was a safe alternative after listening to him talk about bringing everyone together, healing, etc. But, holy shit. The second he got elected, he turned the controls over to whoever is running things for him and he went straight to talking shit about republicans. I was really surprised. I would never support him again for any reason.
saltydog
Chief Biden Ballwasher

Post by saltydog »

Animal wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 11:49 pm
i will be honest, I thought that's who he would be during the 2020 election. I felt like he was a safe alternative after listening to him talk about bringing everyone together, healing, etc. But, holy shit. The second he got elected, he turned the controls over to whoever is running things for him and he went straight to talking shit about republicans. I was really surprised. I would never support him again for any reason.
Even if the other candidate is a treasonous con man with over 90 federal indictments?
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

saltydog wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 12:58 am
Animal wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 11:49 pm
Even if the other candidate is a treasonous con man with over 90 federal indictments?
i don't think that Trump will end up being the candidate. But, for sake of your hypothetical, if it turned out the choice was Biden or Trump, I probably just wouldn't vote. I don't like either one of them. it concerns me that the majority of the people in this country would think those two should be our final choices.
dot
Dodgin’ Ese

Post by dot »

Animal wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 1:06 am i don't think that Trump will end up being the candidate. But, for sake of your hypothetical, if it turned out the choice was Biden or Trump, I probably just wouldn't vote. I don't like either one of them. it concerns me that the majority of the people in this country would think those two should be our final choices.
That you are equivocating the two of them tells everything anyone needs to know about how little you actually care about what you pretend to care about. You got one guy, an old man centrist, the worst you can truthfully say about him is you don't like his politics because none of your party's accusations against him have panned out. Now look at the other guy, he tried to overthrow our democracy in a wide ranging conspiracy and is on trial for it in at least two jurisdictions so far, he fleeced the government to enrich himself his family and his businesses, did the same thing blatantly for foreign governments to put their money in his pockets. The rest of his crimes include him being a national security risk which used to be something you guys cared about when it was Hillary Clinton, massive fraud (trigger word for you, I know) scheme across all of his businesses and properties, rape/assault and defamation against his victim, do I need to keep going? What are you going to throw at Joe Biden to balance those scales?
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

Also, if I had to choose, I wouldn't choose either cancer or poison ivy. I would just not take either one. i doubt dumb dot can wrap his brain washed mind around that.
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

dot wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 1:43 am
Animal wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 1:06 am i don't think that Trump will end up being the candidate. But, for sake of your hypothetical, if it turned out the choice was Biden or Trump, I probably just wouldn't vote. I don't like either one of them. it concerns me that the majority of the people in this country would think those two should be our final choices.
That you are equivocating the two of them tells everything anyone needs to know about how little you actually care about what you pretend to care about. You got one guy, an old man centrist, the worst you can truthfully say about him is you don't like his politics because none of your party's accusations against him have panned out. Now look at the other guy, he tried to overthrow our democracy in a wide ranging conspiracy and is on trial for it in at least two jurisdictions so far, he fleeced the government to enrich himself his family and his businesses, did the same thing blatantly for foreign governments to put their money in his pockets. The rest of his crimes include him being a national security risk which used to be something you guys cared about when it was Hillary Clinton, massive fraud (trigger word for you, I know) scheme across all of his businesses and properties, rape/assault and defamation against his victim, do I need to keep going? What are you going to throw at Joe Biden to balance those scales?
Holy fuck. Absolutely delusional. :lol:
Border shit show
Afghanistan shit show
Affirmative Action appointments only
Divisive rhetoric
DEI push through all government agencies
The "Biden Brand" scandal
Rising interest rates
30% of time on vacation
Minimal to no press conferences and only with pre screened questions
Bidenomics in general
Destroying our energy independence
Depleting Strategic Reserves
3rd and unnecessary stimulus
Feeble and weak

And thats just off the top of my head :lol:

Yeah, Joe's a peach!
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
dot
Dodgin’ Ese

Post by dot »

Animal wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 1:52 am Also, if I had to choose, I wouldn't choose either cancer or poison ivy. I would just not take either one. i doubt dumb dot can wrap his brain washed mind around that.
And how does that change anything that I just said? You are still equivocating the two of them despite the fact that one of them stumbles over his words and the other one would openly destroy our government to prop himself up as a fascist dictator. And still stumble over his words.
CHEEZY17 wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 2:18 am
It's laughable how much of that you want to pretend didn't exist or wasn't caused during your boy's term. Are you really going to sit there and pretend Trump wasn't 99% divisive rhetoric? Or his vacation time? His border debacle? Press conferences, you do realize they just stopped doing them outright don't you? Down the line, you regurgitate GOP talking points as well as any of them. Still comes down to: you can't prove anything you accuse Joe Biden of, and now your reps are guilty of what they want to pin on Joe Biden. Delusional. Disingenuous. Hack.
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

dot wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 2:34 am
Animal wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 1:52 am Also, if I had to choose, I wouldn't choose either cancer or poison ivy. I would just not take either one. i doubt dumb dot can wrap his brain washed mind around that.
And how does that change anything that I just said? You are still equivocating the two of them despite the fact that one of them stumbles over his words and the other one would openly destroy our government to prop himself up as a fascist dictator. And still stumble over his words.
CHEEZY17 wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 2:18 am
It's laughable how much of that you want to pretend didn't exist or wasn't caused during your boy's term. Are you really going to sit there and pretend Trump wasn't 99% divisive rhetoric? Or his vacation time? His border debacle? Press conferences, you do realize they just stopped doing them outright don't you? Down the line, you regurgitate GOP talking points as well as any of them. Still comes down to: you can't prove anything you accuse Joe Biden of, and now your reps are guilty of what they want to pin on Joe Biden. Delusional. Disingenuous. Hack.
lolz. Your boys a Shit Show with a mush brain. Own it.

Biden Has Held the Fewest News Conferences Since Reagan
https://www.nytimes.com/2023/04/21/us/p ... media.html

Joe Biden did *half* as many news conferences as Donald Trump
https://www.cnn.com/2022/01/10/politics ... index.html

"Biden has held 62 press conferences compared to 254 by Trump and 200+ by Obama at this time in their presidencies."
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

Trump would have probably starred in a 24 hour news conference every day of his time in office if his people would have let him.
dot
Dodgin’ Ese

Post by dot »

https://theconversation.com/trump-white ... ted-130164
Earlier this year, as 300 days passed without a formal briefing, a bipartisan group of past administration press secretaries called for restoration of the daily briefings.
Whoops. If only someone could decide when these arbitrary things mattered to them and when they didn't and stay consistent. But by all means, ignore the rest because you have got nothing. Again.
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

dot wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 3:13 am https://theconversation.com/trump-white ... ted-130164
Earlier this year, as 300 days passed without a formal briefing, a bipartisan group of past administration press secretaries called for restoration of the daily briefings.
Whoops. If only someone could decide when these arbitrary things mattered to them and when they didn't and stay consistent. But by all means, ignore the rest because you have got nothing. Again.
And your boy still has less! How pathetic is that? Way to kick your own ass. :lol:
And you know thats not referring to presidential press conferences, right?

dot
Dodgin’ Ese

Post by dot »

So again, for the record, the hack says it's only bad when it's Joe Biden doing it. But when the previous administration just stops outright, it doesn't matter anymore.
dot wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 3:13 am Whoops. If only someone could decide when these arbitrary things mattered to them and when they didn't and stay consistent. But by all means, ignore the rest because you have got nothing. Again.
Delusional. Disingenuous. Hack.
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

dot wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 3:57 am So again, for the record, the hack says it's only bad when it's Joe Biden doing it. But when the previous administration just stops outright, it doesn't matter anymore.
dot wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 3:13 am Whoops. If only someone could decide when these arbitrary things mattered to them and when they didn't and stay consistent. But by all means, ignore the rest because you have got nothing. Again.
Delusional. Disingenuous. Hack.
Dude, its not my fault I had to educate you on the difference between a presidential press conference which is what we're talking about and is done by the POTUS and a press briefing (which is what your link covered and you mistakenly conflated with a presidential press conference) which is usually done by the press secretary but can be done by another surrogate. During the time of your, what you thought was a "gotcha!" post, Trump still did press conferences. Turns out you were just wrong yet again. Oooops!
Face it: Shit Show cant do a presser without pre screened questions from prescreened journos and detailed notecards that he reads from and looks really bad doing it which is WHY doesnt really do them.. Trump did pressers and gaggles with an antagonistic press corps up until his last days in office you fucking hack. :lol:
dot
Dodgin’ Ese

Post by dot »

Either the press conferences matter, or they don't. You're going to have to pick one. Let's not forget Trump's performances he pulled at these things, embarrassing this country everyday with his word salad incompetency. You want to notch the fact that he did a press conference like on a bedpost when everytime he spoke as the leader of our country, he further buried our reputation and respect from the rest of the world. So by all means, pretend like you care because Joe Biden uses notecards to actually have the facts rather than when your boy pulled his lies out of his ass. It's laughable how ridiculously hypocritical you insist on being.
Reservoir Dog
Ricky
Location: Kicking and a' gouging in the mud and the blood and the beer.

Post by Reservoir Dog »

dot wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 4:13 pm Either the press conferences matter, or they don't. You're going to have to pick one. Let's not forget Trump's performances he pulled at these things, embarrassing this country everyday with his word salad incompetency. You want to notch the fact that he did a press conference like on a bedpost when everytime he spoke as the leader of our country, he further buried our reputation and respect from the rest of the world. So by all means, pretend like you care because Joe Biden uses notecards to actually have the facts rather than when your boy pulled his lies out of his ass. It's laughable how ridiculously hypocritical you insist on being.
Remember when Trump threw the entire American intelligence community under the bus and then sucked Vladimir Putin's cock on live television.
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:00 am You both fucked up. You trusted me.
dot
Dodgin’ Ese

Post by dot »

Reservoir Dog wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 4:26 pm Remember when Trump threw the entire American intelligence community under the bus and then sucked Vladimir Putin's cock on live television.
We're not allowed to consider that, because there was no notecard present.
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

dot wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 4:13 pm Either the press conferences matter, or they don't. You're going to have to pick one. Let's not forget Trump's performances he pulled at these things, embarrassing this country everyday with his word salad incompetency. You want to notch the fact that he did a press conference like on a bedpost when everytime he spoke as the leader of our country, he further buried our reputation and respect from the rest of the world. So by all means, pretend like you care because Joe Biden uses notecards to actually have the facts rather than when your boy pulled his lies out of his ass. It's laughable how ridiculously hypocritical you insist on being.
Thats a lot of words to admit you were just completely obliterated.
We were talking about Presidents doing press conferences and you brought up something else. Yes, press conferences matter which is why Shit Show avoids doing them. Its why his handlers try like hell to avoid his public speaking. They matter because it puts our president in front of people asking (supposedly) tough questions and in theory require thinking on your feet. Trump did that and Shit Show cant without pre-screened questions with prewritten answers on notecards from approved friendly outlets. Its pathetic and everyone knows it. THAT is what this whole thing is about you fucking hack. :lol:
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

Reservoir Dog wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 4:26 pm
Remember when Trump threw the entire American intelligence community under the bus and then sucked Vladimir Putin's cock on live television.
Is that included with the pee-tape? :lol:
Reservoir Dog
Ricky
Location: Kicking and a' gouging in the mud and the blood and the beer.

Post by Reservoir Dog »

CHEEZY17 wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 4:46 pm
Reservoir Dog wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 4:26 pm
Is that included with the pee-tape? :lol:
Things that didn't happen, right?
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:00 am You both fucked up. You trusted me.