Last night's Republican debate

For all the MAGAt Trumpeteers and Lie-brul commies to post their wearisome screeds.
The board admins are not responsible for any items posted from Biker's FaceBook feed.
Anyone posting Ben Garrison comics gets a three-day vacation.

In memory of our lost political forum members. :cry:

Moderator: Biker

QillerDaemon
Crazy Old Cat Lady
Interests: キラーデモン

Last night's Republican debate

Post by QillerDaemon »

It's kinda sad that the most thoughtful, calm, and best spoken of the candidates in the debate was ex-Gov Christie. Based on his performance, if you held a big gun against my liberal Green Party noggin and told me I had to vote for *a* Republican candidate, it'd be Christie. I don't even like the guy, and I still like him. Would he be a good US president? Ehh...

Tim Scott: nothing of substance. All prayer and God and Bible. Seems to have forgotten his US Constitution and his oath to it.

Vivek Ramaswamy: opposite of substance. All vitriol and hot air and "strong arm" politics.
His obvious misogyny towards Haley was inexcusable and totally out of line. Trump Lite.
Tried to attack the debate organizers, wound up looking like a absolute douche.

Nikki Haley: a strong contender, well spoken, had the best foreign policy of the five.
She had a number of great and reasonable (for a Republican) positions, and laid them out well.
If it comes down between Haley and Trump, and your party goes Trump, that's the end of the Republican party.

Ron "Puddin' Fingers" DeSantis: this guy plays close to my heart, as he's the current governor of my resident state. The biggest nothing-burger of the batch. Says he'll take all the "slings and arrows" to defend the country, gave no substance to his aims in doing so. Guy that most resembles a Nazi in this clown car. If you think this guy would make a great US president, there's something wrong with your brain.

Had Nikki gone over and slapped the shit out of Vivek, I'd have already sent her campaign a $500 check this morning. I was hoping she would, douch-nozzle definitely deserved it.

This is all my honest opinion, and your invited to disagree with me on any and all of it.
If you can't be a good example, you can still serve as a horrible warning.
“All mushrooms are edible. Some even more than once!”
これを グーグル 翻訳に登録してくれておめでとう、バカ。
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Re: Last night's Republican debate

Post by CHEEZY17 »

Haley and DeSantis for sure. I'd be ok with either one. Its too bad they cant get along as they would make a very formidable team as Haley/DeSantis or DeSantis/Haley.
Vivek is basically comedy relief.
Christie at one point WAS a rising star in the GOP. Now, "meh". I dont hate him but I dont love him either. He'd be a solid cabinet member.
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

Unless I am mistaken, Haley is the first woman to run for President that was also a governor. Which gives her a distinct edge over past women candidates. It gives her the political understanding to debate like a politician and it gives her the arrogance and charisma that comes with being the top dog within a political arena. No one outranks her in her state. No one crosses her and she knows how to relay that expectation to the next level. Its a quality unique to governors and one that we have never seen a female presidential candidate possess.
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

Animal wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 4:00 pm Unless I am mistaken, Haley is the first woman to run for President that was also a governor. Which gives her a distinct edge over past women candidates. It gives her the political understanding to debate like a politician and it gives her the arrogance and charisma that comes with being the top dog within a political arena. No one outranks her in her state. No one crosses her and she knows how to relay that expectation to the next level. Its a quality unique to governors and one that we have never seen a female presidential candidate possess.
She just seems like shed be competent at anything she set out to do. She has that "feel"
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
Antknot
Not UJR's Military Attaché

Post by Antknot »

I’ve said it before, I’ll say it again. Do not trust Nikki Haley.
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

Antknot wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 4:44 pm I’ve said it before, I’ll say it again. Do not trust Nikki Haley.
If there was something I dont like about her its that she is certainly "old" GOP...maybe a bit "neo-con-ish" even. Thats probably why her and DeSantis mix like oil and water. Still, I'll take "old GOP" over Shit Show and Kneepads all day long.
Antknot

Post by Antknot »

CHEEZY17 wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 4:50 pm
Antknot wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 4:44 pm I’ve said it before, I’ll say it again. Do not trust Nikki Haley.
If there was something I dont like about her its that she is certainly "old" GOP...maybe a bit "neo-con-ish" even. Thats probably why her and DeSantis mix like oil and water. Still, I'll take "old GOP" over Shit Show and Kneepads all day long.
Isn’t there a town somewhere that votes a dog as mayor over and over? I’ll take the dog over shit show and kneepads.
saltydog
Chief Biden Ballwasher

Post by saltydog »

Antknot wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 4:55 pm
Isn’t there a town somewhere that votes a dog as mayor over and over? I’ll take the dog over shit show and kneepads.
Of course you would.
The problem is not that there is evil in the world, the problem is that there is good. Because otherwise, who would care?
Antknot

Post by Antknot »

saltydog wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 4:56 pm
Of course you would.
Even if the dog shit on the carpet and chewed up the furniture, he would do less damage than whar shit show has done to the country.
Last edited by Antknot on Thu Nov 09, 2023 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
saltydog
Chief Biden Ballwasher

Post by saltydog »

Antknot wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 4:58 pm
saltydog wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 4:56 pm
Of course you would.
Even if the dog shit on the carpet and chewed up the furniture, he would do less damage than white shit show has done to the country.
Laughable.
The problem is not that there is evil in the world, the problem is that there is good. Because otherwise, who would care?
Biker
Official UJR Russian Asset

Post by Biker »

:!: :!: :!:
Antknot

Post by Antknot »

The dog.

https://nypost.com/2020/08/08/a-dog-has ... r-8-years/
hawkfan8812
Seattle's Finest!

Post by hawkfan8812 »

I like Christie, and just cannot bring myself to vote for Biden nor Trump.
saltydog
Chief Biden Ballwasher

Post by saltydog »

hawkfan8812 wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 6:54 pm I like Christie, and just cannot bring myself to vote for Biden nor Trump.
This is how we ended up with Trump in 2016.
QillerDaemon
Crazy Old Cat Lady

Post by QillerDaemon »

CHEEZY17 wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 4:50 pm If there was something I dont like about her its that she is certainly "old" GOP...maybe a bit "neo-con-ish" even. Thats probably why her and DeSantis mix like oil and water. Still, I'll take "old GOP" over Shit Show and Kneepads all day long.
Which "old GOP" are you referring to? The new old GOP, the old old GOP? The GOP of Lincoln, the GOP of Teddy R, the GOP of Eisenhower, the GOP of Nixon/Ford? The GOP of Reagan? The "old GOP" is a moving target, almost meaningless.

edit: and no fair trying to turn this around to the Democrat party. This has to do with the "old GOP" alone, make your argument from that point.
QillerDaemon
Crazy Old Cat Lady

Post by QillerDaemon »

Animal wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 4:00 pm Unless I am mistaken, Haley is the first woman to run for President that was also a governor. Which gives her a distinct edge over past women candidates.
There has only been one official candidate of US President who is a woman, Hilary Clinton, and she was a senator from a large populated state. I'm not sure how being a governor of a fairly minor Southern state makes Haley any more qualified than Clinton was, other than political considerations.
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

QillerDaemon wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 7:17 pm
CHEEZY17 wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 4:50 pm If there was something I dont like about her its that she is certainly "old" GOP...maybe a bit "neo-con-ish" even. Thats probably why her and DeSantis mix like oil and water. Still, I'll take "old GOP" over Shit Show and Kneepads all day long.
Which "old GOP" are you referring to? The new old GOP, the old old GOP? The GOP of Lincoln, the GOP of Teddy R, the GOP of Eisenhower, the GOP of Nixon/Ford? The GOP of Reagan? The "old GOP" is a moving target, almost meaningless.

edit: and no fair trying to turn this around to the Democrat party. This has to do with the "old GOP" alone, make your argument from that point.
I'm not trying to make any argument. Haley and DeSantis are just different. They have different styles. DeSantis is most assuredly part of the "new" style of GOP. More confrontational and more conservative. More willing to ruffle feathers...like many of the newer members. Haley is more "old" style. Take that for whatever you want but thats my impression of her. I mean it in the sense that she is less confrontational and more willing to "go along to get along" or compromise...like most Republicans pre-Trump. Would "traditional" make you feel better in regards to Haley?
saltydog
Chief Biden Ballwasher

Post by saltydog »

CHEEZY17 wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 8:59 pm

I'm not trying to make any argument. Haley and DeSantis are just different. They have different styles. DeSantis is most assuredly part of the "new" style of GOP. More confrontational and more conservative. More willing to ruffle feathers...like many of the newer members. Haley is more "old" style. Take that for whatever you want but thats my impression of her. I mean it in the sense that she is less confrontational and more willing to "go along to get along" or compromise...like most Republicans pre-Trump. Would "traditional" make you feel better in regards to Haley?
Excellent word salad. You afraid to answer the question?
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

QillerDaemon wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 7:24 pm
Animal wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 4:00 pm Unless I am mistaken, Haley is the first woman to run for President that was also a governor. Which gives her a distinct edge over past women candidates.
There has only been one official candidate of US President who is a woman, Hilary Clinton, and she was a senator from a large populated state. I'm not sure how being a governor of a fairly minor Southern state makes Haley any more qualified than Clinton was, other than political considerations.
i am not talking about qualified. i'm talking about stage presence. and i am talking about running in the primaries. most women on the stage (not the party nominees) have fizzled out pretty quickly. Because they couldn't dominate a stage. haley has that unique quality over all of the women that came before her. Hillary is in a different category. She was just running on her husbands coat tails. Like Elizabeth Dole did.
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

saltydog wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 9:18 pm

I dont know what hes after so I clarified my thoughts on the two. I dont think its controversial to think that there are 2 "different" GOP styles right now. The more "old" style pre-Trump folks and the "new" style post-Trump folks. One is more traditional and one is more in your face.
saltydog
Chief Biden Ballwasher

Post by saltydog »

CHEEZY17 wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 9:28 pm
saltydog wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 9:18 pm

I dont know what hes after so I clarified my thoughts on the two. I dont think its controversial to think that there are 2 "different" GOP styles right now. The more "old" style pre-Trump folks and the "new" style post-Trump folks. One is more traditional and one is more in your face.
There's the Christie/Romney GOP

There's the Scalise GOP.

There's the MAGA "GOP".

There's at least three.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

my god. this sounds like a conversation on The View.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

are you a Robert Byrd Democrat? A Humphrey Democrat? JFK? Lyndon Johnson? AOC? Obama? George Wallace democrat? Tulsi Gabbard? RFK Jr democrat? Pelosi democrat? Ilhan........
hawkfan8812
Seattle's Finest!

Post by hawkfan8812 »

I was at a customer site for a week in SLC and met Romney and his son while we were all at a local lunch spot. He seemed down to earth, smart and quite nice.
hawkfan8812
Seattle's Finest!

Post by hawkfan8812 »

I think AOC is sexy.