Another mass shooting

For all the MAGAt Trumpeteers and Lie-brul commies to post their wearisome screeds.
The board admins are not responsible for any items posted from Biker's FaceBook feed.
Anyone posting Ben Garrison comics gets a three-day vacation.

In memory of our lost political forum members. :cry:

Moderator: Biker

peterosehaircut
No life apart from this stupid forum board

Re: Another mass shooting

Post by peterosehaircut »

dot wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2023 6:24 pm
peterosehaircut wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2023 11:04 am Any reduction in gun violence during the "assault weapons ban" was not due to the law. Not a single semi automatic rifle was actually banned.
As a matter of fact more AR15s were produced during the decade the ban was in effect than the 30 years prior. It only banned certain cosmetic features.
The "assault weapons ban" is not as simple as its popularized name, nor is it as simple as your disinformation attempt.
The Act prohibited the manufacture, transfer, or possession of "semiautomatic assault weapons," as defined by the Act. "Weapons banned were identified either by specific make or model (including copies or duplicates thereof, in any caliber), or by specific characteristics that slightly varied according to whether the weapon was a pistol, rifle, or shotgun". The Act also prohibited the manufacture of "large capacity ammunition feeding devices" (LCAFDs) except for sale to government, law enforcement or military, though magazines made before the effective date ("pre-ban" magazines) were legal to possess & transfer.
You're welcome to dispute that it did not do any of those things via sourcing and facts, but not just rattling off from the gut denials because you are defensive over being part of the problem.
So enlighten me. We're AR15s still legal to purchase during the assault weapons ban or not? Exactly which firearms were illegal then that are now available?
dot
Dodgin’ Ese

Post by dot »

peterosehaircut wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2023 10:47 pm So enlighten me. We're AR15s still legal to purchase during the assault weapons ban or not? Exactly which firearms were illegal then that are now available?
No, you made an assertion, I countered with what the ban did. It’s now on you to show something that holds the ban did not do what’s in the quote. You don’t get to double down with zero facts and then expect me to do your work for you. I’m not arguing both sides for you, do your part or run along.
peterosehaircut

dot wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2023 11:29 pm
peterosehaircut wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2023 10:47 pm So enlighten me. We're AR15s still legal to purchase during the assault weapons ban or not? Exactly which firearms were illegal then that are now available?
No, you made an assertion, I countered with what the ban did. It’s now on you to show something that holds the ban did not do what’s in the quote. You don’t get to double down with zero facts and then expect me to do your work for you. I’m not arguing both sides for you, do your part or run along.
I'm simply asking what firearms were banned during that time that are available now? I'm not aware of any, please tell me.
dot
Dodgin’ Ese

Post by dot »

peterosehaircut wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 12:08 am I'm simply asking what firearms were banned during that time that are available now? I'm not aware of any, please tell me.
peterosehaircut wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2023 11:04 am Any reduction in gun violence during the "assault weapons ban" was not due to the law. Not a single semi automatic rifle was actually banned.
As a matter of fact more AR15s were produced during the decade the ban was in effect than the 30 years prior. It only banned certain cosmetic features.
Prove your original assertion or just admit you're moving on because you've got nothing. Produce something that says nothing was banned, that the act only banned cosmetics. Either put up or shut up.
peterosehaircut

:swords:
dot wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 1:12 am
peterosehaircut wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 12:08 am I'm simply asking what firearms were banned during that time that are available now? I'm not aware of any, please tell me.
Prove your original assertion or just admit you're moving on because you've got nothing. Produce something that says nothing was banned, that the act only banned cosmetics. Either put up or shut up.
I cannot find any proof that any actual firearms were banned during that time. You are asking me to prove that something didn't happen. I'm asking you to show that it did.
So once again set me straight and show me which firearms were actually banned that are now legal to purchase.
dot
Dodgin’ Ese

Post by dot »

peterosehaircut wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 2:00 am I cannot find any proof that any actual firearms were banned during that time. You are asking me to prove that something didn't happen. I'm asking you to show that it did.
So once again set me straight and show me which firearms were actually banned that are now legal to purchase.
Then you didn't try at all. I'm not doing your work for you, if you'd tried to start with maybe I'd be more willing to play around. The most I'll give you is a hint to Google the quote I've already provided, simple hop skip and a jump from there to find proof that you are wrong. Or, you find proof that what I am quoting is false, one of the two. Prove you're willing to have an actual discussion or just admit you were talking out of your ass. For handy reference:
The Act prohibited the manufacture, transfer, or possession of "semiautomatic assault weapons," as defined by the Act. "Weapons banned were identified either by specific make or model (including copies or duplicates thereof, in any caliber), or by specific characteristics that slightly varied according to whether the weapon was a pistol, rifle, or shotgun". The Act also prohibited the manufacture of "large capacity ammunition feeding devices" (LCAFDs) except for sale to government, law enforcement or military, though magazines made before the effective date ("pre-ban" magazines) were legal to possess & transfer.
saltydog
Chief Biden Ballwasher

Post by saltydog »

GOP loves gun violence.
The problem is not that there is evil in the world, the problem is that there is good. Because otherwise, who would care?
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

Democrats love dead babies.
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
Antknot
Not UJR's Military Attaché

Post by Antknot »

CHEEZY17 wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 1:09 pm Democrats love dead babies.
Necrophiliac pedophiles?
peterosehaircut

dot wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 3:51 am
peterosehaircut wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 2:00 am I cannot find any proof that any actual firearms were banned during that time. You are asking me to prove that something didn't happen. I'm asking you to show that it did.
Then you didn't try at all. I'm not doing your work for you, if you'd tried to start with maybe I'd be more willing to play around. The most I'll give you is a hint to Google the quote I've already provided, simple hop skip and a jump from there to find proof that you are wrong. Or, you find proof that what I am quoting is false, one of the two. Prove you're willing to have an actual discussion or just admit you were talking out of your ass. For handy reference:
Ok so you can't show me which actual firearms were banned then that you can buy now.
saltydog
Chief Biden Ballwasher

Post by saltydog »

Fetuses are not babies.
The problem is not that there is evil in the world, the problem is that there is good. Because otherwise, who would care?
saltydog
Chief Biden Ballwasher

Post by saltydog »

peterosehaircut wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 3:04 pm
dot wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 3:51 am
Ok so you can't show me which actual firearms were banned then that you can buy now.
Lazy GOP gun fetishists refuse to acknowledge the actual problem.

Film at 11.
dot
Dodgin’ Ese

Post by dot »

peterosehaircut wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 3:04 pm Ok so you can't show me which actual firearms were banned then that you can buy now.
You posted something dumb, were proven wrong, and your response is to nuh uh and double down. The only question remaining is if you’re dumb naturally or intentionally. Doesn't matter which it turns out to be because you proved you’re part of the disinformation problem.
saltydog
Chief Biden Ballwasher

Post by saltydog »

dot wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 5:29 pm
peterosehaircut wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 3:04 pm Ok so you can't show me which actual firearms were banned then that you can buy now.
You posted something dumb, were proven wrong, and your response is to nuh uh and double down. The only question remaining is if you’re dumb naturally or intentionally. Doesn't matter which it turns out to be because you proved you’re part of the disinformation problem.
The whole lot of them. It. Is. A. CULT.
QillerDaemon
Crazy Old Cat Lady
Interests: キラーデモン

Post by QillerDaemon »

Republicans only care while they're fetuses.
If you can't be a good example, you can still serve as a horrible warning.
“All mushrooms are edible. Some even more than once!”
これを グーグル 翻訳に登録してくれておめでとう、バカ。
saltydog
Chief Biden Ballwasher

Post by saltydog »

QillerDaemon wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 7:16 pm
Especially when it's not their own.
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

saltydog wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 7:30 pm
Wrong again. Youre having a rough day today!

Are conservatives more charitable than liberals in the U.S.? A meta-analysis of political ideology and charitable giving
"Our meta-analysis results suggest that political conservatives are significantly more charitable than liberals at an overall level..."
https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/a ... 9X21000752

https://ujrefugees.net/viewtopic.php?p= ... re#p165357
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
saltydog
Chief Biden Ballwasher

Post by saltydog »

CHEEZY17 wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 7:43 pm
saltydog wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 7:30 pm
Wrong again. Youre having a rough day today!

Are conservatives more charitable than liberals in the U.S.? A meta-analysis of political ideology and charitable giving
"Our meta-analysis results suggest that political conservatives are significantly more charitable than liberals at an overall level..."
https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/a ... 9X21000752

https://ujrefugees.net/viewtopic.php?p= ... re#p165357
Anything to get a tax write off!
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

dot wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 5:29 pm
He (peterosehaircut) is making a valid point that completely destroys your starting point on this debate. He has asserted that the assault weapons ban you said was so successful actually did not ban any weapons that are NOW legal to purchase. He even asked you to correct him if he is wrong and point out a weapon that was banned then BUT is legal NOW. And you have dodged that question with no answer.

Salty said that his idea is to re-instate the weapons ban from 1994. So, both of you are hanging your hat on that weapon ban being a solution, yet neither of you will reply to Peterose's assertion. Why is that? His point should be pretty simple for either (or both) of you to correct him on where he is wrong.
dot
Dodgin’ Ese

Post by dot »

Animal wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 10:08 pm He (peterosehaircut) is making a valid point that completely destroys your starting point on this debate. He has asserted that the assault weapons ban you said was so successful actually did not ban any weapons that are NOW legal to purchase. He even asked you to correct him if he is wrong and point out a weapon that was banned then BUT is legal NOW. And you have dodged that question with no answer.

Salty said that his idea is to re-instate the weapons ban from 1994. So, both of you are hanging your hat on that weapon ban being a solution, yet neither of you will reply to Peterose's assertion. Why is that? His point should be pretty simple for either (or both) of you to correct him on where he is wrong.
Wrong again, he started with:
Multiple weapons including rifles were banned. That's false item #1. His assertion that the ban only banned cosmetics is also factually false, item #2. You are simply echoing his goalpost moving. The dodging began with him saying the ban did not do what it clearly did, and when shown otherwise, he has refused to prove his claim. I'm not even quoting anything obscure, but he refuses to even look into it and expects me to argue both sides of the equation. If he is not going to come at this discussion with facts and instead start with disinformation alone, I have no inclination to humor or play along.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

Well, let's just keep this simple then. Did the gun ban in 1994, ban the AR-15?
dot
Dodgin’ Ese

Post by dot »

How much more simple can it be to disprove the itemized points or admit one or both was a false premise? Either weapons were banned or they weren't. Either the ban only banned cosmetic features or it didn't. He won't even look it up and read it, and now it looks like you're going to do the same. Either way, I stress again, I have no inclination to humor or play along if facts are not going to be acknowledged in favor of dealing in disinformation.
peterosehaircut

Animal wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 10:51 pm Well, let's just keep this simple then. Did the gun ban in 1994, ban the AR-15?
Dot is obviously an idiot who thinks she has won the argument by bringing nothing to the table.
It is 100% fact that you could still buy an AR15 during the ban. I'm not aware of any actual guns being banned during that time nor can I find anything online that lists any actual firearms that were banned.
saltydog
Chief Biden Ballwasher

Post by saltydog »

There's a gun shop about two miles from my house.

I might go check it out this coming weekend.
Biker
Official UJR Russian Asset

Post by Biker »

saltydog wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 10:06 pm There's a gun shop about two miles from my house.

I might go check it out this coming weekend.
Dont forget your Midol. You may need it