I'm not exactly a fan of Israel.....

For all the MAGAt Trumpeteers and Lie-brul commies to post their wearisome screeds.
The board admins are not responsible for any items posted from Biker's FaceBook feed.
Anyone posting Ben Garrison comics gets a three-day vacation.

In memory of our lost political forum members. :cry:

Moderator: Biker

CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet
Location: In the middle of frickin everywhere's bad thoughts.

Re: I'm not exactly a fan of Israel.....

Post by CentralTexasCrude »

Feel free to "Google" to your heart's desires. Probably feel like a Middle East expert. I hear Yemen is hiring. But I'm guessing you don't know what that even is.
Biker
Official UJR Russian Asset

Post by Biker »

CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 1:34 am
Animal wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 1:22 am
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 1:02 am BTW- HAMAS in Arabic means "excitement".
nope. it started as an acronym for the islamic resistance movement. then they made a word in Arabic "hamas" that means "bravery". In Hebrew it means "violence". I own Google.
Nope. 30 years+ Israel has been fighting Hamas. It's a totally different offshoot from any other movement like Hezbollah, Palestinian Authority, etc. It's original Arabic meaning is "excitement". How do I know this without Google? I'm on the last 40 pages of this book
That’s a great and eye opening book. I was on a flight reading it when what I think was a special forces operator say to me ‘ that book explains a lot, doesn’t it?’
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 1:51 am Feel free to "Google" to your heart's desires. Probably feel like a Middle East expert. I hear Yemen is hiring. But I'm guessing you don't know what that even is.
Ha. Yemen is that flap of skin that's not funny. period. But I'm sure you fingered that out.
Burn1dwn
Non-Gay Omar

Post by Burn1dwn »

I haven't read that book but "Targeted Killings" was definitely an Israeli invention and precursor to the Invasion of Iraq and the drone wars. "Targeted killings" have also caused or prolonged more problems than thet ever solved. I remember arguing against targeted killings that involved helicopters, back on the original UJ.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

Burn1dwn wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 4:53 am I haven't read that book but "Targeted Killings" was definitely an Israeli invention and precursor to the Invasion of Iraq and the drone wars. "Targeted killings" have also caused or prolonged more problems than thet ever solved. I remember arguing against targeted killings that involved helicopters, back on the original UJ.
an israeli invention? they may have perfected it, but it would be a stretch to say they invented it.
Burn1dwn
Non-Gay Omar

Post by Burn1dwn »

Animal wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 1:45 pm
Burn1dwn wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 4:53 am I haven't read that book but "Targeted Killings" was definitely an Israeli invention and precursor to the Invasion of Iraq and the drone wars. "Targeted killings" have also caused or prolonged more problems than thet ever solved. I remember arguing against targeted killings that involved helicopters, back on the original UJ.
an israeli invention? they may have perfected it, but it would be a stretch to say they invented it.
Well, they didn't invent assassinations. If that's what you mean.

Name one other country that used pre-emptive extrajudicial killings as a policy of "self defense" before Israel started to do it. Now, it's the norm for western countries. We even kill our own citizens without due process if we label them terrorists.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

Serbia assassinated the Archduke of Austria Hungary in 1914 and started World War 1. Israel wasn't even created until 1948.
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet

Animal wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 3:33 pm Serbia assassinated the Archduke of Austria Hungary in 1914 and started World War 1. Israel wasn't even created until 1948.
:shocked: :shocked:
Antknot
Not UJR's Military Attaché

Post by Antknot »

Animal wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 3:33 pm Serbia assassinated the Archduke of Austria Hungary in 1914 and started World War 1. Israel wasn't even created until 1948.
More correctly, a Serbian anarchist shot the archduke
Burn1dwn
Non-Gay Omar

Post by Burn1dwn »

Targeted killings are a way to do it under the cover of self defense and not considered Assassinations by Israel or the US.

Israel had killed its enemies on foreign lands before the second infitada, usually for payback to an actual crime or event. Pre-emptive targeted killings as a policy started during the second intifada. It quickly morphed into a strategy to deal with Palestinians, Hezbollah and Iranians.

It also became the weapon of choice of the US during the WOT under Obama. It's been normalized over the past 20 years but was very controversial when it was first used by Israel.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

Burn1dwn wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 7:01 pm
Targeted killings are a way to do it under the cover of self defense and not considered Assassinations by Israel or the US.

Israel had killed its enemies on foreign lands before the second infitada, usually for payback to an actual crime or event. Pre-emptive targeted killings as a policy started during the second intifada. It quickly morphed into a strategy to deal with Palestinians, Hezbollah and Iranians.

It also became the weapon of choice of the US during the WOT under Obama. It's been normalized over the past 20 years but was very controversial when it was first used by Israel.
putin just did it to Nuvalneck (sp?) The Roman senators did it to Ceasar. Kim Jun Un's family has been doing it for 50+ years. Stalin, Hitler, Idi Amin, Sadam Hussein....... This list is endless.
Burn1dwn
Non-Gay Omar

Post by Burn1dwn »

Animal wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 7:51 pm

putin just did it to Nuvalneck (sp?) The Roman senators did it to Ceasar. Kim Jun Un's family has been doing it for 50+ years. Stalin, Hitler, Idi Amin, Sadam Hussein....... This list is endless.
I already said they didn't invent assassinations. They invented calling assassinations -Targeted Killings and carrying them out openly on their whim in the name of self defense. It's Doublespeak, like most Israeli policy regarding the occupied territories.

So it sounds like you agree that Targeted Killings are assassinations. They also do the opposite of what they are designed to do and cause more violence on Israel by Palestinians. Not less.
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet

No matter how you describe figures from the past using targeted assassinations as a tool of a Nation's security, I would believe Israeli's circumstances are unique. From the minute that Israel was declared a nation in 1948, all their border Countries invaded with their armies and Air Forces. Repeat 1967, 1973. Decades of Arab attacks on their Country through proxy terrorist organizations. 3 (Iraq, Syria, Iran) of them attempted to acquire nuclear capability. All of these had one stated goal that was announced to the World. The utter destruction of the State of Israel and all it's people. I don't think it's a stretch to imagine the US response if we faced similar circumstances.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

Burn1dwn wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 8:07 pm
Animal wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 7:51 pm

I already said they didn't invent assassinations. They invented calling assassinations -Targeted Killings and carrying them out openly on their whim in the name of self defense. It's Doublespeak, like most Israeli policy regarding the occupied territories.

So it sounds like you agree that Targeted Killings are assassinations. They also do the opposite of what they are designed to do and cause more violence on Israel by Palestinians. Not less.
i'm not sure what point you are making Maybe they were open about just doing it and not trying to hide or disguise it. Iran does it today using Hezbollah or Houthis or Hamas or Muslim Brotherhood or any of a number of these profit centers that give Iran an arms length and denial. Its all the same thing though. And I can't imagine doing or not doing it would have any effect on the number of attacks on Israel over the years. The only thing Israel is doing to prolong the attacks is their unwillingness to move out and/or die.
Burn1dwn
Non-Gay Omar

Post by Burn1dwn »

Biker
Official UJR Russian Asset

Post by Biker »

CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

BREAKING: Hamas Offers To Release Zero Hostages In Exchange For All Jews Being Wiped From The Face Of The Earth
https://babylonbee.com/news/breaking-ha ... -the-earth
:lol:
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."