Another day. Another Union Strike in America

For all the MAGAt Trumpeteers and Lie-brul commies to post their wearisome screeds.
The board admins are not responsible for any items posted from Biker's FaceBook feed.
Anyone posting Ben Garrison comics gets a three-day vacation.

In memory of our lost political forum members. :cry:

Moderator: Biker

saltydog
Chief Biden Ballwasher

Re: Another day. Another Union Strike in America

Post by saltydog »

Biker wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 9:22 pm
saltydog wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 9:13 pm
CHEEZY17 wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 9:00 pm BUT SOME PEOPLE HAVE MORE! ITS NOT FAIR!*

*And before Salty even tries it: Yes, conservatives are more charitable than Liberals.
viewtopic.php?p=165357&hilit=conservati ... re#p165357
This country/economy was built on exploitation of Labor.

You should be grateful.
You’re a naive fool if you believe that isn’t the case for nearly every advanced country. Stop being a fucking pussy
Shame on workers for fighting for their fair share?
The problem is not that there is evil in the world, the problem is that there is good. Because otherwise, who would care?
Biker
Official UJR Russian Asset

Post by Biker »

saltydog wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 10:24 pm
CHEEZY17 wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 9:00 pm BUT SOME PEOPLE HAVE MORE! ITS NOT FAIR!*

*And before Salty even tries it: Yes, conservatives are more charitable than Liberals.

You should be grateful.
You’re a naive fool if you believe that isn’t the case for nearly every advanced country. Stop being a fucking pussy
Share implies they are entitled to some of the owners equity, which they are not. Fight for better wages and benefits? I’m all in, but they are not owed a damned thing
saltydog
Chief Biden Ballwasher

Post by saltydog »

Biker wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 10:26 pm

You should be grateful.
Share implies they are entitled to some of the owners equity, which they are not. Fight for better wages and benefits? I’m all in, but they are not owed a damned thing
Kudos for people like Cheese man and Analmal for having happy workers (as far as they know). I'm in a similar position being compensated more than fairly for my work. Small to mid-sized business isn't really the problem.

It's conglomerates like Walmart, Nestle, and major manufacturers the are the problem.
The problem is not that there is evil in the world, the problem is that there is good. Because otherwise, who would care?
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

saltydog wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 10:29 pm

You should be grateful.
Kudos for people like Cheese man and Analmal for having happy workers (as far as they know). I'm in a similar position being compensated more than fairly for my work. Small to mid-sized business isn't really the problem.

It's conglomerates like Walmart, Nestle, and major manufacturers the are the problem.
The UAW fighting Ford, GM and Stellantis is asking for:
*elimination of tiered employees: I actually agree with that
*40% pay increase immediately: absolute bullshit. Most UAW workers make over $32 an hour with skilled trades making over $39
*32 hour work week for 40 hours pay (on top of 40% pay increase): absolute bullshit
There are other things too but those are some major bullet points.

Tell me with a straight face that the second and third demands arent utter shit.
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
saltydog
Chief Biden Ballwasher

Post by saltydog »

CHEEZY17 wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 1:15 am

You should be grateful.

*40% pay increase immediately: absolute bullshit. Most UAW workers make over $32 an hour with skilled trades making over $39
*32 hour work week for 40 hours pay (on top of 40% pay increase): absolute bullshit

Tell me with a straight face that the second and third demands arent utter shit.
I'm not an auto worker nor a union member.

I'm also not an owner if a multi billion dollar business.

I will not respond until you have everything listed for demands, not just what you perceive as bullshit. Once again, your shading and framing to try to justify your own truths is blatant.

Nice try though.
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

saltydog wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 1:25 am

I will not respond until you have everything listed for demands, not just what you perceive as bullshit. Once again, your shading and framing to try to justify your own truths is blatant.

Nice try though.
Ive been out of the auto industry for almost 10 years.
I dont know all of the demands but I do know those. You cant comment on those things?
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

here's a news flash for salty. what a worker is paid has nothing to do with how much profit a company makes. an employee is paid based on their skills, longevity, and how easy they would be to replace. the amount of profit determines how much of a bonus goes to the employees, if any. that part is completely subjective.

at some point, the amount of money these auto companies are losing is going to factor into their ultimate pay deal. there will come a point where the offer will start to go down.
saltydog
Chief Biden Ballwasher

Post by saltydog »

CHEEZY17 wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 1:31 am
saltydog wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 1:25 am

Nice try though.
Ive been out of the auto industry for almost 10 years.
I dont know all of the demands but I do know those. You cant comment on those things?
No, I don't have complete information.

Admittedly, I may be a bit biased considering how some family members, who were part of a union were treated.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

I know that these big auto companies are not run by the entrepreneurs that once created them and they have lost that original instinct. and they are now run by business school grads that use the textbooks for how decisions are made. But, if there is one thing that I absolutely can't stand is when I feel like I am being pushed into a decision or someone feels they have some leverage against me. I will go the opposite direction and take a hit just to show them that I always have options.

My instincts in this situation would be to gradually start replacing workers. If their tactic is to close a few plants at a time, then I would replace every worker at a few of those plants and get them back open. I would force them to go all in or make a deal.
Antknot
Not UJR's Military Attaché

Post by Antknot »

saltydog
Chief Biden Ballwasher

Post by saltydog »

Antknot wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 2:25 pm Image
You think illegal aliens are the ones taking those jobs?

Cute.
stonedmegman
In Search of vitamin T

Post by stonedmegman »

You should be grateful.

re: #2 - The 40 percent increase is over 4 years.
QANON IS JUST SCIENTOLOGY FOR HILLBILLIES
saltydog
Chief Biden Ballwasher

Post by saltydog »

stonedmegman wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 4:53 pm

re: #2 - The 40 percent increase is over 4 years.
As I said, incomplete information.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

That's really not all that incomplete.
the 40% over 4 years is really 46% when you compound it. I think what that means is that they get an immediate 20% raise. Then at the end of Y1 they get a 5% raise. Then at the end of Y2 they get another 5% on top of the other 5% they got the year before, etc. By the end of Y4 they are getting the last 5% raise on top of all of the other ones.

Now - 20%
Y1 - + 5%, which would actually be 26% from where they started.
Y2 - + 5%, which would actually be 32.3% from where they started.
Y3 - + 5%, which would actually be 38.9% from where they started.
Y4 + 5%, which would actually be 45.8% from where they started.

That's complete.
saltydog
Chief Biden Ballwasher

Post by saltydog »

Animal wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 6:53 pm That's really not all that incomplete.
the 40% over 4 years is really 46% when you compound it. I think what that means is that they get an immediate 20% raise. Then at the end of Y1 they get a 5% raise. Then at the end of Y2 they get another 5% on top of the other 5% they got the year before, etc. By the end of Y4 they are getting the last 5% raise on top of all of the other ones.

Now - 20%

That's complete.
Incomplete in regards to the information Cheese Man posted. It's becoming a normal thing for him to provide a lack of information so he can feel better about his argumentative nature.
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

saltydog wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 7:23 pm

Now - 20%

That's complete.
Incomplete in regards to the information Cheese Man posted. It's becoming a normal thing for him to provide a lack of information so he can feel better about his argumentative nature.
LOLZ. Dont try to make excuses for your inability to give an opinion on a message board.
saltydog
Chief Biden Ballwasher

Post by saltydog »

CHEEZY17 wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 9:19 pm

Now - 20%

That's complete.
LOLZ. Dont try to make excuses for your inability to give an opinion on a message board.
You ordered your "Trump 2024" lingerie set yet?
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

saltydog wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 10:22 pm

Now - 20%

That's complete.
Yes, I had them sent to your house!
saltydog
Chief Biden Ballwasher

Post by saltydog »

CHEEZY17 wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 1:24 am

Now - 20%

That's complete.
Thanks. Can never have enough toilet paper!
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

saltydog wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 1:26 am

Now - 20%

That's complete.
Dont sell yourself short, I'll bet you youll look amazing!
saltydog
Chief Biden Ballwasher

Post by saltydog »

CHEEZY17 wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 1:30 am
saltydog wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 1:26 am

Dont sell yourself short, I'll bet you youll look amazing!
I always do. At least that's what the man in the mirror tells me.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

CHEEZY17 wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 2:15 pm 40 hours pay for a 32 hour work week!!!!!!!!
Its the union way!!!!!
It looks like the UAW and General Motors have got a deal. I think Ford got one last week. The rumors are that they agreed to a 30% pay raise over the next 6 years.

So, they were asking for 40% and the car makers were offering them 20%. And after 6 weeks and millions of $$$ lost they split the difference. What a waste of money.
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

Animal wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 3:09 pm
CHEEZY17 wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 2:15 pm 40 hours pay for a 32 hour work week!!!!!!!!
Its the union way!!!!!
It looks like the UAW and General Motors have got a deal. I think Ford got one last week. The rumors are that they agreed to a 30% pay raise over the next 6 years.

So, they were asking for 40% and the car makers were offering them 20%. And after 6 weeks and millions of $$$ lost they split the difference. What a waste of money.
Rumor is the rank and file were getting antsy and wanted to end it already. I think the UAW president still wanted to drag it out but he supposedly was getting pushback from a lot of the union folk. Thats what I hear anyway from my UAW family members.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

CHEEZY17 wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 4:11 pm
Its the union way!!!!!

Rumor is the rank and file were getting antsy and wanted to end it already. I think the UAW president still wanted to drag it out but he supposedly was getting pushback from a lot of the union folk. Thats what I hear anyway from my UAW family members.
that makes perfect sense. it sort of came off that the UAW leader was more interested in making a name for himself than whatever the deal was.
Biker
Official UJR Russian Asset

Post by Biker »

CHEEZY17 wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 4:11 pm
Its the union way!!!!!

There is always a disconnect between union leadership and the rank and file