Burning it to the Ground

For all the MAGAt Trumpeteers and Lie-brul commies to post their wearisome screeds.
The board admins are not responsible for any items posted from Biker's FaceBook feed.
Anyone posting Ben Garrison comics gets a three-day vacation.

In memory of our lost political forum members. :cry:

Moderator: Biker

dot
Dodgin’ Ese

Re: Burning it to the Ground

Post by dot »

dot wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 7:58 pm And the peanut gallery is back to offering zero substance. At least he's learning what he's worth.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

dot wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 10:23 pm
dot wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 7:58 pm And the peanut gallery is back to offering zero substance. At least he's learning what he's worth.
unfortunately its substance. the substance will begin to soak in over the next few weeks. imagine, single item appropriations. that's gonna be fun.
dot
Dodgin’ Ese

Post by dot »

Animal wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 10:28 pm unfortunately its substance. the substance will begin to soak in over the next few weeks. imagine, single item appropriations. that's gonna be fun.
Slightly more substance, but you're getting ahead of yourself if you think the last ten months of ineptitude are gonna get wiped away because of your new election denial speaker.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

dot wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 10:52 pm
Animal wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 10:28 pm unfortunately its substance. the substance will begin to soak in over the next few weeks. imagine, single item appropriations. that's gonna be fun.
Slightly more substance, but you're getting ahead of yourself if you think the last ten months of ineptitude are gonna get wiped away because of your new election denial speaker.
i'm not even a little bit slightly worried about wiping away any images of ineptitude. i'm just talking about the hole yall dug yourselves in this exchange for a new speaker. you go from one that works with you to one that is MAGA certified. :lol: how fucking dumb is that?
dot
Dodgin’ Ese

Post by dot »

Animal wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 11:32 pm i'm not even a little bit slightly worried about wiping away any images of ineptitude. i'm just talking about the hole yall dug yourselves in this exchange for a new speaker. you go from one that works with you to one that is MAGA certified. :lol: how fucking dumb is that?
Really? So the last year, oops sorry I forgot, the last two weeks gave you a good impression of how the Republicans run government? Curious, I thought you were insistent that it has been abysmal, even if you couldn't bring yourself to blame the people responsible. But we both know when you were lamenting the uncertainty caused by your party, you were not filled with confidence about how capable your reps were. Oh, and don't forget, McCarthy broke his deal with the Democrats and then blamed them for his own caucus's failings. So when you ask how dumb it is, remember that it's your people that shat the bed in all aspects of this debacle. They have ditched trust, bipartisanship, the Constitution, need I go on?
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

dot wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 11:45 pm
Animal wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 11:32 pm i'm not even a little bit slightly worried about wiping away any images of ineptitude. i'm just talking about the hole yall dug yourselves in this exchange for a new speaker. you go from one that works with you to one that is MAGA certified. :lol: how fucking dumb is that?
Really? So the last year, oops sorry I forgot, the last two weeks gave you a good impression of how the Republicans run government? Curious, I thought you were insistent that it has been abysmal, even if you couldn't bring yourself to blame the people responsible. But we both know when you were lamenting the uncertainty caused by your party, you were not filled with confidence about how capable your reps were. Oh, and don't forget, McCarthy broke his deal with the Democrats and then blamed them for his own caucus's failings. So when you ask how dumb it is, remember that it's your people that shat the bed in all aspects of this debacle. They have ditched trust, bipartisanship, the Constitution, need I go on?
sure, go on. its hilarious watching someone try to recreate history while the history is actually happening. :lol: face it, your party threw the baby out with the bathwater. they thought they were scoring some big "gotcha" moment and now they have to live with the results. A Maga speaker. Let me give it to you in the words of yall's very own Matt Gantz:

“If you don’t think that moving from Kevin McCarthy to MAGA Mike Johnson shows the ascendance of this movement and where the power in the Republican Party truly lies, then you’re not paying attention.”

that's where 100% of your party's votes went 3 weeks ago. Congrats! Remember this when the budget talks start in a few days.
dot
Dodgin’ Ese

Post by dot »

Animal wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 11:56 pm sure, go on. its hilarious watching someone try to recreate history while the history is actually happening. :lol: face it, your party threw the baby out with the bathwater. they thought they were scoring some big "gotcha" moment and now they have to live with the results. A Maga speaker. Let me give it to you in the words of yall's very own Matt Gantz:

“If you don’t think that moving from Kevin McCarthy to MAGA Mike Johnson shows the ascendance of this movement and where the power in the Republican Party truly lies, then you’re not paying attention.”

that's where 100% of your party's votes went 3 weeks ago. Congrats! Remember this when the budget talks start in a few days.
The party of personal responsibility still refusing to take responsibility for their own reps' infighting. Oh, I knew something stuck with me amongst all the other garbage takes you've been spewing today. I actually forgot to address your silly assertion that we were banking on a Speaker Jeffries. I'd love to see you take a tally of everyone here who thought that was gonna happen. In the meantime, since you have homework on the red wave post Roe, I'll leave you with this. If you're banking on everyone having as short of a memory as you do, you're welcome to push for shutting down the government again and seeing who the public blames for it.
“I'm not a fan of government shutdowns. I've seen a few of them over the years,” McConnell said last week. “They never have produced a policy change, and they've always been a loser for Republicans politically.” Sep 27, 2023
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

dot wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 12:18 am
Animal wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 11:56 pm sure, go on. its hilarious watching someone try to recreate history while the history is actually happening. :lol: face it, your party threw the baby out with the bathwater. they thought they were scoring some big "gotcha" moment and now they have to live with the results. A Maga speaker. Let me give it to you in the words of yall's very own Matt Gantz:

The party of personal responsibility still refusing to take responsibility for their own reps' infighting. Oh, I knew something stuck with me amongst all the other garbage takes you've been spewing today. I actually forgot to address your silly assertion that we were banking on a Speaker Jeffries. I'd love to see you take a tally of everyone here who thought that was gonna happen. In the meantime, since you have homework on the red wave post Roe, I'll leave you with this. If you're banking on everyone having as short of a memory as you do, you're welcome to push for shutting down the government again and seeing who the public blames for it.
“I'm not a fan of government shutdowns. I've seen a few of them over the years,” McConnell said last week. “They never have produced a policy change, and they've always been a loser for Republicans politically.” Sep 27, 2023
i can only infer from this that your (the democrat's) plan was to get a MAGA speaker so it would guarantee a government shutdown and that would lead to you getting more votes later on? Is that the logic you used? because if the logic was that you just hate McCarthy so much that you will take a chance on a speaker that is harder to deal with, then that's what you got.

i am not in favor of a shut down, but at this point i couldn't really care less. You guys are the reason we have this new speaker, not the republicans. And the guy you empowered (gantz) got just exactly what he wanted and that is all thanks to every single democrat in the House.
dot
Dodgin’ Ese

Post by dot »

Animal wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 1:09 am i can only infer from this that your (the democrat's) plan was to get a MAGA speaker so it would guarantee a government shutdown and that would lead to you getting more votes later on? Is that the logic you used? because if the logic was that you just hate McCarthy so much that you will take a chance on a speaker that is harder to deal with, then that's what you got.

i am not in favor of a shut down, but at this point i couldn't really care less. You guys are the reason we have this new speaker, not the republicans. And the guy you empowered (gantz) got just exactly what he wanted and that is all thanks to every single democrat in the House.
Still can't take responsibility, it's beyond sad for you now. Personally, I don't hate McCarthy. But he burned his bridges and proved that despite your protestations that he'd work with the other side, that didn't ever happen because he broke his deal on the debt ceiling after his side's administration ran up the bill. Then he blamed the prospective government shutdown upon the people that saved his tenure from having a government shutdown on his record. So really, it doesn't matter how much rewriting history you attempt from the Republican talking points you were given, that's the reality. Your party shat the bed, needed adults to save the government, proved you let the inmates run the asylum, and now you just like them have the disingenuous gall to blame everyone else for your party's screwups. Don't worry, when they start threatening to hold the government hostage again, remember how you were worried before. Be it market instability or whatever the next worry for you is, but it'll be because your reps can't govern and they will prove it over and over again.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

dot wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 1:55 am
Animal wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 1:09 am i can only infer from this that your (the democrat's) plan was to get a MAGA speaker so it would guarantee a government shutdown and that would lead to you getting more votes later on? Is that the logic you used? because if the logic was that you just hate McCarthy so much that you will take a chance on a speaker that is harder to deal with, then that's what you got.

Still can't take responsibility, it's beyond sad for you now. Personally, I don't hate McCarthy. But he burned his bridges and proved that despite your protestations that he'd work with the other side, that didn't ever happen because he broke his deal on the debt ceiling after his side's administration ran up the bill. Then he blamed the prospective government shutdown upon the people that saved his tenure from having a government shutdown on his record. So really, it doesn't matter how much rewriting history you attempt from the Republican talking points you were given, that's the reality. Your party shat the bed, needed adults to save the government, proved you let the inmates run the asylum, and now you just like them have the disingenuous gall to blame everyone else for your party's screwups. Don't worry, when they start threatening to hold the government hostage again, remember how you were worried before. Be it market instability or whatever the next worry for you is, but it'll be because your reps can't govern and they will prove it over and over again.
Here is who should take responsibility for the new speaker. Own it, stupid.

The blue people are democrats and the red people (on the left) standing with the blue people are MAGA (including Matt Gantz).
The red people (on the right) are the republicans that tried to keep this from happening.

study that picture and then see if you can figure out who is to blame.

saltydog
Chief Biden Ballwasher

Post by saltydog »

Animal wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 1:55 pm
dot wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 1:55 am

Here is who should take responsibility for the new speaker. Own it, stupid.

The blue people are democrats and the red people (on the left) standing with the blue people are MAGA (including Matt Gantz).
The red people (on the right) are the republicans that tried to keep this from happening.

McCarthy
The problem is not that there is evil in the world, the problem is that there is good. Because otherwise, who would care?
dot
Dodgin’ Ese

Post by dot »

Animal wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 1:55 pm Here is who should take responsibility for the new speaker. Own it, stupid.

No, that’s who want to blame for your party’s infighting. You still can’t take responsibility for voting in your chaotic and inept reps. It’s very fitting you’re saying the party line in public and ignoring what they yell at each other in private. And since we all know you refuse to keep yourself informed, behind closed doors they blame themselves in loud rage filled party meetings. Yet you’ll still spew the talking points when we both know no one believes them, not even your reps themselves.
Antknot
Not UJR's Military Attaché

Post by Antknot »

Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

dot wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 3:37 pm
Animal wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 1:55 pm Here is who should take responsibility for the new speaker. Own it, stupid.

No, that’s who want to blame for your party’s infighting. You still can’t take responsibility for voting in your chaotic and inept reps. It’s very fitting you’re saying the party line in public and ignoring what they yell at each other in private. And since we all know you refuse to keep yourself informed, behind closed doors they blame themselves in loud rage filled party meetings. Yet you’ll still spew the talking points when we both know no one believes them, not even your reps themselves.
its a chart. of what actually happened. your hysterical outburst is not aimed at me. its aimed at the facts and voting record for that vote. try to focus your tantrum at who voted to open up the speaker position so that a MAGA approved member could take charge of the House. Those are your real enemies.
dot
Dodgin’ Ese

Post by dot »

Animal wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 4:43 pm its a chart. of what actually happened. your hysterical outburst is not aimed at me. its aimed at the facts and voting record for that vote. try to focus your tantrum at who voted to open up the speaker position so that a MAGA approved member could take charge of the House. Those are your real enemies.
You vastly overestimate any agitation you think I have over your refusal to take responsibility for your party’s infighting. You’re just another garbage opinion anonymous internet name to me. So keep parroting your talking points, I’ll keep quoting your own reps blaming each other. And don’t forget, most voters have more than your two week only recall. That doesn’t bode well for the GOP.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

dot wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 5:07 pm
Animal wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 4:43 pm its a chart. of what actually happened. your hysterical outburst is not aimed at me. its aimed at the facts and voting record for that vote. try to focus your tantrum at who voted to open up the speaker position so that a MAGA approved member could take charge of the House. Those are your real enemies.
You vastly overestimate any agitation you think I have over your refusal to take responsibility for your party’s infighting. You’re just another garbage opinion anonymous internet name to me. So keep parroting your talking points, I’ll keep quoting your own reps blaming each other. And don’t forget, most voters have more than your two week only recall. That doesn’t bode well for the GOP.
When will Trump tell you how to vote in the next election? I wonder how MAGA will tell the democrat caucus to vote on the budget bills?
saltydog
Chief Biden Ballwasher

Post by saltydog »

Animal wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 5:35 pm
When will Trump tell you how to vote in the next election? I wonder how MAGA will tell the democrat caucus to vote on the budget bills?
Lunatic mentality
The problem is not that there is evil in the world, the problem is that there is good. Because otherwise, who would care?
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

saltydog wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 6:32 pm
Animal wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 5:35 pm
Lunatic mentality
i know. right?
dot
Dodgin’ Ese

Post by dot »

Animal wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 5:35 pm When will Trump tell you how to vote in the next election? I wonder how MAGA will tell the democrat caucus to vote on the budget bills?
Representative Steve Womack, Republican from Arkansas wrote: “The world is burning around us. We’re fiddling. We don’t have a strategy.”
Representative Anna Luna, Republican from Florida wrote: “We’re fractured”
Representative Tom Cole, Republican from Oklahoma wrote: “It’s not a normal majority”
Representative Marjorie Taylor Greene, Republican from Georgia wrote: “This conference is absolutely broken.”
Representative Kevin McCarthy, Republican from California wrote: “This is embarrassing for the Republican Party. It’s embarrassing for the nation.”
Representative David Joyce, Republican from Ohio wrote: “We’re a party that can’t govern.”
Representative Troy Nehls, Republican from Texas wrote: “We’re a broken conference.”
Representative Tom Emmer, Republican from Minnesota wrote: “We’d be the most dysfunctional family on the face of the planet.”
Representative Austin Scott, Republican from Georgia wrote: “It makes us look like a bunch of idiots.”
Representative Mark Alford, Republican from Michigan wrote: “We are a ship that doesn’t have a rudder right now.”
As I told you, the people you're defending don't even believe the tripe they told you to believe.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

dot wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 8:30 pm
Animal wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 5:35 pm When will Trump tell you how to vote in the next election? I wonder how MAGA will tell the democrat caucus to vote on the budget bills?
Representative Steve Womack, Republican from Arkansas wrote: “The world is burning around us. We’re fiddling. We don’t have a strategy.”
Representative Anna Luna, Republican from Florida wrote: “We’re fractured”
Representative Tom Cole, Republican from Oklahoma wrote: “It’s not a normal majority”
Representative Marjorie Taylor Greene, Republican from Georgia wrote: “This conference is absolutely broken.”
Representative Kevin McCarthy, Republican from California wrote: “This is embarrassing for the Republican Party. It’s embarrassing for the nation.”
Representative David Joyce, Republican from Ohio wrote: “We’re a party that can’t govern.”
Representative Troy Nehls, Republican from Texas wrote: “We’re a broken conference.”
Representative Tom Emmer, Republican from Minnesota wrote: “We’d be the most dysfunctional family on the face of the planet.”
Representative Austin Scott, Republican from Georgia wrote: “It makes us look like a bunch of idiots.”
Representative Mark Alford, Republican from Michigan wrote: “We are a ship that doesn’t have a rudder right now.”
As I told you, the people you're defending don't even believe the tripe they told you to believe.
unlike you, and your vote to oust a much more favorable speaker, i don't depend on politicians to tell me what to believe. boy are you guys going to wish you had done the same.
dot
Dodgin’ Ese

Post by dot »

Animal wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 8:48 pm unlike you, and your vote to oust a much more favorable speaker, i don't depend on politicians to tell me what to believe. boy are you guys going to wish you had done the same.
Don't you though? Cause you sure are running with their public facing talking points.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/congre ... #rcrd19811
McCarthy blames Pelosi, Democrats for his removal

Ginger Gibson

McCarthy blamed Democrats for his ouster as speaker — arguing that they should have supported his remaining in the top role for institutional reasons.

McCarthy said he had a discussion with former Speaker Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., in the days he was trying to wrangle enough votes to get elected speaker. McCarthy claimed that Pelosi promised to support him if he faced a challenge.

McCarthy then argued that by joining Gaetz and other Republicans, Democrats picked politics over the institution.

Pelosi wasn't in Washington today; she remained in California for Sen. Dianne Feinstein's funeral.
Maybe if you spent less time trying to run around what I'm saying and face it head on, you and Cheez wouldn't have embarrassed yourselves so thoroughly.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

dot wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 8:57 pm
Animal wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 8:48 pm unlike you, and your vote to oust a much more favorable speaker, i don't depend on politicians to tell me what to believe. boy are you guys going to wish you had done the same.
Don't you though? Cause you sure are running with their public facing talking points.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/congre ... #rcrd19811
McCarthy blames Pelosi, Democrats for his removal

Ginger Gibson

McCarthy blamed Democrats for his ouster as speaker — arguing that they should have supported his remaining in the top role for institutional reasons.

McCarthy said he had a discussion with former Speaker Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., in the days he was trying to wrangle enough votes to get elected speaker. McCarthy claimed that Pelosi promised to support him if he faced a challenge.

McCarthy then argued that by joining Gaetz and other Republicans, Democrats picked politics over the institution.

Pelosi wasn't in Washington today; she remained in California for Sen. Dianne Feinstein's funeral.
Maybe if you spent less time trying to run around what I'm saying and face it head on, you and Cheez wouldn't have embarrassed yourselves so thoroughly.
unfortunately for you, i came out with the exact same talking points while your dumb ass caucus was sawing the limb off that they all sat on. Back on around Oct 4th. :lol: I did something that you probably aren't aware is possible and I created my very own talking points. And unfortunately for you they are laid out in this thread for you to go back and educate yourself.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

and I am fully aware that Pelosi broke it off in McCarthy's ass. I know he had a conversation with her back when he was trying to get elected speaker 2 years ago and she asked him what the problem was. He told her that there were some holdouts and they wanted him to keep the 1 vote rule. Which she knew all about because she created it. And she told him, "Give it to them. I will back you up if you need it. I have more respect for the institution of Speaker than to let a handful of traitors take it away".

But she lied. And it was a mistake for him to trust her. But it is what it is and here we are. With MAGA running the show.
dot
Dodgin’ Ese

Post by dot »

Animal wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 9:16 pm unfortunately for you, i came out with the exact same talking points while your dumb ass caucus was sawing the limb off that they all sat on. Back on around Oct 4th. :lol: I did something that you probably aren't aware is possible and I created my very own talking points. And unfortunately for you they are laid out in this thread for you to go back and educate yourself.
So you're saying that you came up with the idea to blame Democrats for your party's infighting around October 4th? You're wrong, off by a day, but I'll move the day to when you actually said something about it, because I'm nothing if not honest and factual. Were you aware that McCarthy was already blaming Democrats publicly for his ouster same day of his removal, within hours? That it was in fact the very quote I put here? At best, you can say you "came up" with your own talking points when McCarthy was already blaming Democrats for his removal. That doesn't really help you establish they're your own thoughts, and would lean more towards you just parroting what they're saying as they say it. You wanna try again? Maybe take some time to come up with a better self aggrandizing claim. I'm thinking... two weeks.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

dot wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 9:46 pm
Animal wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 9:16 pm unfortunately for you, i came out with the exact same talking points while your dumb ass caucus was sawing the limb off that they all sat on. Back on around Oct 4th. :lol: I did something that you probably aren't aware is possible and I created my very own talking points. And unfortunately for you they are laid out in this thread for you to go back and educate yourself.
So you're saying that you came up with the idea to blame Democrats for your party's infighting around October 4th? You're wrong, off by a day, but I'll move the day to when you actually said something about it, because I'm nothing if not honest and factual. Were you aware that McCarthy was already blaming Democrats publicly for his ouster same day of his removal, within hours? That it was in fact the very quote I put here? At best, you can say you "came up" with your own talking points when McCarthy was already blaming Democrats for his removal. That doesn't really help you establish they're your own thoughts, and would lean more towards you just parroting what they're saying as they say it. You wanna try again? Maybe take some time to come up with a better self aggrandizing claim. I'm thinking... two weeks.
i knew when McCarthy threw down with Gantz and told him he would give him his vote on the floor that he was betting it all on being baled out by the Democrats. That was a day or two before the vote. I knew when Pelosi went public about being kicked out of her office that it was because McCarthy was irate that she crawfished on what he felt was a deal she had with him. And it wasn't because she was off at a funeral, she openly told Jefferies and the rest to vote him out and to take this opportunity to make them stew in it. I don't know what point you are trying to make, but i didn't wake up like you apparantly did and learn these things today. I was posting about them while they were happening.