Burning it to the Ground

For all the MAGAt Trumpeteers and Lie-brul commies to post their wearisome screeds.
The board admins are not responsible for any items posted from Biker's FaceBook feed.
Anyone posting Ben Garrison comics gets a three-day vacation.

In memory of our lost political forum members. :cry:

Moderator: Biker

Animal
The Great Pretender

Re: Burning it to the Ground

Post by Animal »

dot wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 8:33 pm
saltydog wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 8:28 pm Don't bother. According to Cheese Man (aka Animal's lapdog), he's a multi million dollar business owner that lives in a border state and has all sorts of good things to list on a resume.

He MUST be right.
But he's never heard of a cement mixer and concrete mixer being the same tool, and he can't figure out how fraud works. What a strange path to, or rather from, knowledge he must've taken.
look, stupid. i never said that there aren't people that say things like "I want a new cement driveway." or "whoa, doggies! Look at that cement pond!" or "All I see in the city is cement and asphalt". I'm just telling you that they are wrong. Its "concrete". And, I know I have taught you this lesson now.
saltydog
Chief Biden Ballwasher

Post by saltydog »

dot wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 8:33 pm
saltydog wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 8:28 pm Don't bother. According to Cheese Man (aka Animal's lapdog), he's a multi million dollar business owner that lives in a border state and has all sorts of good things to list on a resume.

He MUST be right.
But he's never heard of a cement mixer and concrete mixer being the same tool, and he can't figure out how fraud works. What a strange path to, or rather from, knowledge he must've taken.
The problem is not that there is evil in the world, the problem is that there is good. Because otherwise, who would care?
saltydog
Chief Biden Ballwasher

Post by saltydog »

McCarthy: "I'm not giving any concessions to Democrats to stay Speaker."

McCarthy gets booted.

Scalise gets the majority of votes in an internal poll to decide who House Republicans will support.

Those Republicans renege, and Scalise steps down.

Jordan promises to govern in a very partisan, very MAGA way.

Jordan cannot get the votes.

Maybe it's just me, but I cannot for the life of me understand how this is a Democratic problem, or why we need to step in to help the Republican caucus. I'm willing to if we get something out of it, but if Republicans are essentially going to govern exactly the way they would if we weren't involved, why should we interfere with the death spiral?
The problem is not that there is evil in the world, the problem is that there is good. Because otherwise, who would care?
dot
Dodgin’ Ese

Post by dot »

Animal wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 8:43 pm look, stupid. i never said that there aren't people that say things like "I want a new cement driveway." or "whoa, doggies! Look at that cement pond!" or "All I see in the city is cement and asphalt". I'm just telling you that they are wrong. Its "concrete". And, I know I have taught you this lesson now.
Animal wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 12:26 am you don't mix cement, you stupid dumbass. you use cement, water, sand and rock to mix concrete. that's free information for you to use to claw your way out of stupidity.
dot wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 12:40 am You're gonna be really upset with Lowe's then.
dot wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 12:59 am Home Depot, Amazon, Harbor Freight, at some point, maybe just admit that falling back on vocabulary to insult someone works better when you know what the vendors call the tools themselves. Even Wikipedia thinks your forum smack talk is weak.
I'm happy to revisit why you opened the door and kicked your own ass in your own supposed field in view of everybody. But somehow I don't think you want to go back there, you'd much rather stay focused on your inability to blame Republicans for their infighting so as to blame Democrats instead. Trust me though, it's similarly not going to work out well for you.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

saltydog wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 8:57 pm McCarthy: "I'm not giving any concessions to Democrats to stay Speaker."

McCarthy gets booted.

Scalise gets the majority of votes in an internal poll to decide who House Republicans will support.

Maybe it's just me, but I cannot for the life of me understand how this is a Democratic problem, or why we need to step in to help the Republican caucus. I'm willing to if we get something out of it, but if Republicans are essentially going to govern exactly the way they would if we weren't involved, why should we interfere with the death spiral?
[/quote]

i have no idea what point your are trying to make here. But the only majority that Scalice got was more votes than Jordan. He still didn't have 217 votes. And as the visited and worked with the republican members he realized that he was never going to get Matt Gantz and his bunch to go along, so instead of ending up like McCarthy, he took the high road and bowed out. Jordan never had the votes and still doesn't. But he won't take any high roads. so we will be stuck with him for as long as he wants to keep bringing it to a vote.
saltydog
Chief Biden Ballwasher

Post by saltydog »

Animal wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 9:13 pm
saltydog wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 8:57 pm McCarthy: "I'm not giving any concessions to Democrats to stay Speaker."

McCarthy gets booted.

i have no idea what point your are trying to make here. But the only majority that Scalice got was more votes than Jordan. He still didn't have 217 votes. And as the visited and worked with the republican members he realized that he was never going to get Matt Gantz and his bunch to go along, so instead of ending up like McCarthy, he took the high road and bowed out. Jordan never had the votes and still doesn't. But he won't take any high roads. so we will be stuck with him for as long as he wants to keep bringing it to a vote.
[/quote]

Well, he tried some overnight strong arm tactics that worked so well that he lost votes.

What can you expect from a guy who hasn't passed a SINGLE PIECE OF LEGISLATION!
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

saltydog wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 9:15 pm
Animal wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 9:13 pm

McCarthy gets booted.

Well, he tried some overnight strong arm tactics that worked so well that he lost votes.

What can you expect from a guy who hasn't passed a SINGLE PIECE OF LEGISLATION!
I told you today, before the vote, that I hoped he would get fewer votes. It has nothing to do with his strong arm. its how these votes work. if you gain a few then things are working. if you lose a few, then you never had a chance in the first place.
dot
Dodgin’ Ese

Post by dot »

Animal wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 9:20 pm I told you today, before the vote, that I hoped he would get fewer votes. It has nothing to do with his strong arm. its how these votes work. if you gain a few then things are working. if you lose a few, then you never had a chance in the first place.
Disagree. I am not going to say it has everything to do with his tactics, but they definitely do not help. Having a proxy contact and threaten the various members of the caucus or their wives in order to get them to vote for him is indicative of the kind of snake he's proven himself to be. So between covering up an abuse scandal, not doing his actual job for 17 years, conspiring to overthrow the lawfully elected government, ignoring a lawful subpoena regarding said conspiracy, stabbing his own coworkers in the back to allow for his own supposed rise to power, and by no means is this a complete list but this latest move to bully his own coworkers into voting for him to be Traitor of the House, yeah he never should've had a chance. And yet 200ish but falling members of your party voted for him.
dot
Dodgin’ Ese

Post by dot »

https://www.desmoinesregister.com/story ... 228842007/
U.S. Rep. Mariannette Miller-Meeks said Wednesday she has received "credible death threats" after pulling her support from U.S. Rep. Jim Jordan of Ohio in the second round of balloting to choose the next speaker of the House.

Miller-Meeks, a Republican who represents the 1st Congressional District in southeast Iowa, supported Jordan in the first round of votes on Tuesday but cast her vote Wednesday for U.S. Rep. Kay Granger of Texas, a Republican who chairs the Appropriations Committee.

"Since my vote in support of Chairwoman Granger, I have received credible death threats and a barrage of threatening calls," Miller-Meeks said in a statement Wednesday evening. "The proper authorities have been notified and my office is cooperating fully."

In all, Jordan lost 22 Republican votes in his quest to become speaker. He ended the second round of voting with 199 votes, while House Democratic Leader Hakeem Jeffries of New York had 212. Candidates need 217 votes to win a majority.
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

Damn, Trumps hand picked choice for speaker goes down for a 3rd time.
How is this possible?!

House GOP Drops Jordan As Speaker Nominee
https://www.dailywire.com/news/house-go ... er-nominee
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
dot
Dodgin’ Ese

Post by dot »

Gonna be super interesting when you know who weighs in to tell them what to do next.
saltydog
Chief Biden Ballwasher

Post by saltydog »

dot wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 7:25 pm Gonna be super interesting when you know who weighs in to tell them what to do next.
Don't worry, Animal said McHenry is in charge. I'm sure they have a plan.
Reservoir Dog
Ricky
Location: Kicking and a' gouging in the mud and the blood and the beer.

Post by Reservoir Dog »

Republicans making death threats to other Republicans is just about the most Republican thing I've seen in a long, long time.
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:00 am You both fucked up. You trusted me.
saltydog
Chief Biden Ballwasher

Post by saltydog »

Reservoir Dog wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 2:49 am Republicans making death threats to other Republicans is just about the most Republican thing I've seen in a long, long time.
Thoughts and prayers!
Antknot
Not UJR's Military Attaché

Post by Antknot »

Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

Antknot wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 10:51 pm Image
yeah. i think a lot of people are liking this new arrangement.
saltydog
Chief Biden Ballwasher

Post by saltydog »

Animal wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 11:30 pm
Antknot wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 10:51 pm Image
yeah. i think a lot of people are liking this new arrangement.
Yes. The people of Israel and Ukraine are thrilled.

Along with people who will lose their salaries from a government shutdown.

This isn't the good thing you wish it to be.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

well, fortunately for all of us, the democrats had no choice. they had to vote with MAGA. :lol:

i mean, who could have seen this happening?
saltydog
Chief Biden Ballwasher

Post by saltydog »

Animal wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 12:52 am well, fortunately for all of us, the democrats had no choice. they had to vote with MAGA. :lol:

Is that was your radio keeps telling you?

😆
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

saltydog wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 1:54 am
Animal wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 12:52 am well, fortunately for all of us, the democrats had no choice. they had to vote with MAGA. :lol:

Is that was your radio keeps telling you?

😆
saltydog
Chief Biden Ballwasher

Post by saltydog »

Can't wait for Cheezimal to somehow make this the fault of Democrats.

dot
Dodgin’ Ese

Post by dot »

saltydog wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 10:52 pm Can't wait for Cheezimal to somehow make this the fault of Democrats.

dot wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 7:25 pm Gonna be super interesting when you know who weighs in to tell them what to do next.
Reservoir Dog
Ricky

Post by Reservoir Dog »

dot wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 11:12 pm
saltydog wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 10:52 pm Can't wait for Cheezimal to somehow make this the fault of Democrats.

BREAKING: Tom Emmer is on Hunter Biden's laptop! :lol:
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:00 am You both fucked up. You trusted me.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

wow. who could have ever guessed that the guy that orchestrated Matt Gantz bringing the vote on McCarthy (Which 100% of all democrats in the House fell for hook, line, and sinker) is also the same guy that is trying to drag this out forever so that no speaker is in place and no bills are passed and no funds are appropriated?

Who could have seen that? You would think that if people are going to turn the boat over, they would have a plan B in place first. I guess all of those democrat's only plan was to let trump do exactly what he's doing.
Reservoir Dog
Ricky

Post by Reservoir Dog »

BREAKING: Ann Coulter announces bid to run for House Speaker! Stay tuned for details.