Judge rules Donald Trump defrauded banks, insurers.

For all the MAGAt Trumpeteers and Lie-brul commies to post their wearisome screeds.
The board admins are not responsible for any items posted from Biker's FaceBook feed.
Anyone posting Ben Garrison comics gets a three-day vacation.

In memory of our lost political forum members. :cry:

Moderator: Biker

Reservoir Dog
Ricky
Location: Kicking and a' gouging in the mud and the blood and the beer.

Re: Judge rules Donald Trump defrauded banks, insurers.

Post by Reservoir Dog »

Animal wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 1:36 pm
saltydog wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 1:43 am
Don't strain a hamstring with the frequency at which you jump to conclusions. It's ok to admit that you're out of your element.

You were clearly lost from the start. Nice try Forrest.
dot wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 2:29 am See, this is where your insisted upon ignorance doesn't help you. It's already been explained to you, but you refuse to acknowledge that, preferring to be unable to comprehend. As others said, you're out of your league, at least as long as you choose to remain ignorant.

Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah......... :lol: Two fucking retards that can never back up anything.
Pretty sure that judge just backed them up. :lol:
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:00 am You both fucked up. You trusted me.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

Reservoir Dog wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 1:55 pm
Don't strain a hamstring with the frequency at which you jump to conclusions. It's ok to admit that you're out of your element.

dot wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 2:29 am See, this is where your insisted upon ignorance doesn't help you. It's already been explained to you, but you refuse to acknowledge that, preferring to be unable to comprehend. As others said, you're out of your league, at least as long as you choose to remain ignorant.

Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah......... :lol: Two fucking retards that can never back up anything.
the judge is what started the question. because the judge, just like you, did not explain or give an example of how inflating asset values can lead to lower insurance fees.
Reservoir Dog
Ricky

Post by Reservoir Dog »

Animal wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 2:02 pm

the judge is what started the question. because the judge, just like you, did not explain or give an example of how inflating asset values can lead to lower insurance fees.
If you're worth more, you're less of a risk.
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:00 am You both fucked up. You trusted me.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

Reservoir Dog wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 2:12 pm

:lol: yeah, that's why insurance on expensive cars is always so cheap.
Reservoir Dog
Ricky

Post by Reservoir Dog »

Animal wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 2:19 pm

Sorry, I didn't know we're talking about cars. :roll:
saltydog
Chief Biden Ballwasher

Post by saltydog »

This is where Animal goes from being willfully ignorant, to being a deliberate troll.

Like I've said, the act hasn't changed in over a decade.
The problem is not that there is evil in the world, the problem is that there is good. Because otherwise, who would care?
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

saltydog wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 2:49 pm
This is where Animal goes from being willfully ignorant, to being a deliberate troll.

how about giving an example then?
Reservoir Dog
Ricky

Post by Reservoir Dog »

He's taking his strawman schtick to whole new levels.
saltydog
Chief Biden Ballwasher

Post by saltydog »

Animal wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 2:49 pm

Seriously?

I was away from this forum for over a decade and it wasn't difficult to see that your act hasn't changed one bit.

It was funny years ago when you were trolling match.com with Debbie Dumpsterfire, but it's a bit pathetic and old hat right now.
The problem is not that there is evil in the world, the problem is that there is good. Because otherwise, who would care?
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

saltydog wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 3:23 pm
Animal wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 2:49 pm

Seriously?

I was away from this forum for over a decade and it wasn't difficult to see that your act hasn't changed one bit.

It was funny years ago when you were trolling match.com with Debbie Dumpsterfire, but it's a bit pathetic and old hat right now.
i meant an example of how overstating your asset values gets you cheaper insurance rates.

i wasn't asking you to dig through your vault of my history.
dot
Dodgin’ Ese

Post by dot »

Animal wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 4:02 pm i meant an example of how overstating your asset values gets you cheaper insurance rates.

i wasn't asking you to dig through your vault of my history.
Strawman shtick detected. Bud, you already admitted he committed fraud, you just refuse to see the full scope of it.
hawkfan8812
Seattle's Finest!

Post by hawkfan8812 »

Aside from the written articles talking about favorable insurance rates, here is one quote of note...

"the trial will still go forward on other allegations—such as falsifying business records, financial statements and committing insurance fraud"

The fraud and insurance aspect I believe is related to the insurance of the loans in question, not the insurance of the properties. The overvalue assumes higher collateral and equity available to cover default of the loan. There is your insurance fraud.

Side note, easy to prove in court. You said it was worth a billion when in fact it is worth 200 million
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

hawkfan8812 wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 4:20 pm Aside from the written articles talking about favorable insurance rates, here is one quote of note...

"the trial will still go forward on other allegations—such as falsifying business records, financial statements and committing insurance fraud"

The fraud and insurance aspect I believe is related to the insurance of the loans in question, not the insurance of the properties. The overvalue assumes higher collateral and equity available to cover default of the loan. There is your insurance fraud.

Side note, easy to prove in court. You said it was worth a billion when in fact it is worth 200 million
so Trump was buying business loan protection insurance to insure the loans?
FSchmertz
UJR Chief Meme Factchecker

Post by FSchmertz »

hawkfan8812 wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 4:20 pm Aside from the written articles talking about favorable insurance rates, here is one quote of note...

See, now I'm starting to see how insurance fraud could be a part of this.

For instance, FHA makes loans to first-time homebuyers, but on top of the mortgage amount, it insists on loan insurance because you're presumed to be a bigger than average default risk.

So if someone who has a lot of assets gets a loan (not to mention having a history of payment) they're considered less likely to default and the amount of payment for any loan insurance would presumably be considerably less?
Reservoir Dog
Ricky

Post by Reservoir Dog »

FSchmertz wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 5:01 pm

For instance, FHA makes loans to first-time homebuyers, but on top of the mortgage amount, it insists on loan insurance because you're presumed to be a bigger than average default risk.

So if someone who has a lot of assets gets a loan (not to mention having a history of payment) they're considered less likely to default and the amount of payment for any loan insurance would presumably be considerably less?
Yes. If you are worth more, you are less of a risk.
saltydog
Chief Biden Ballwasher

Post by saltydog »

Reservoir Dog wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 5:34 pm

Yes. If you are worth more, you are less of a risk.
Inflated assets ---> better credit for future loans ---> increase perceived wealth ---> Rinse and repeat.

Who does it harm? Banks, lenders, etc.

Trump Corp. playbook 101.
dot
Dodgin’ Ese

Post by dot »

Guys, a cement mixer can't and won't figure it out. Best to just let it go, it's way too convoluted.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

dot wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 6:12 pm Guys, a cement mixer can't and won't figure it out. Best to just let it go, it's way too convoluted.
hush, fucktard. people are trying to figure out how this works.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

yes. I can see that. I have never once bought or even been asked to buy loan insurance. I didn't know such a thing existed other than the mortgage insurance they force some borrowers to get who don't have a full downpayment on a house. Crop insurance I have heard of. But I have never heard of buying insurance on a note. That type of insurance is designed to protect people from getting sick and defaulting, etc. It doesn't seem like much of a fit for Trump real estate purchases, but obviously it was. So, yes, if he lied on financials in order to get a better rate on a loan insurance policy, then that would be fraud.
dot
Dodgin’ Ese

Post by dot »

Isn't it fascinating what happens when the facade is dropped?
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

dot wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 6:59 pm Isn't it fascinating what happens when the facade is dropped?
no. its actually fascinating when people show up that actually have some knowledge on a subject and they answer questions. instead of the people that don't know shit but pretend they do and then they spend days dodging the question.
dot
Dodgin’ Ese

Post by dot »

Animal wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 7:09 pm no. its actually fascinating when people show up that actually have some knowledge on a subject and they answer questions. instead of the people that don't know shit but pretend they do and then they spend days dodging the question.
This was all laid out to you before and you ignored it. Keep pretending otherwise to save face, Idgaf.
Reservoir Dog
Ricky

Post by Reservoir Dog »

Animal wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 7:09 pm
dot wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 6:59 pm Isn't it fascinating what happens when the facade is dropped?
no. its actually fascinating when people show up that actually have some knowledge on a subject and they answer questions. instead of the people that don't know shit but pretend they do and then they spend days dodging the question.
You knew it was fraud right from the start.

You just pretended otherwise.
saltydog
Chief Biden Ballwasher

Post by saltydog »

Reservoir Dog wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 7:15 pm

We all have titles to live up to.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

Reservoir Dog wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 7:15 pm

I stated my thoughts in the beginning. Now, I am only talking about insurance fraud, because the other fraud is pretty obvious. I said that it must be fraud because the judge ruled and every news account says it was fraud, but it didn't make sense to me because inflating asset values shouldn't result in lowered insurance. At the time I wasn't aware of insurance on the loan itself. I had no idea that multi million dollar loans had insurance on the loans, this is new information to me. I was thinking about just routine insurance like property insurance, liability insurance, health insurance, fire insurance, car insurance, etc. None of those would benefit from lying about an assets value being more. It would be just the opposite. So, it was confusing and I was simply asking someone to explain a situation where inflating assets would lead to a lower rate. Everyone was acting like they all knew but no one would answer the simple question. Finally Hawk (of all people) answered it. I googled, based on his answer, and found a link that explained what that type of insurance is. So I learned something. And, thanks to me, several others have learned something.