How would you do it? A question for the engineers

All the news from the peanut gallery and where all the nasty trash talk fails miserably.
It can get NSFW-ish here: you have been warned!

Moderator: Animal

FSchmertz
UJR Chief Meme Factchecker

Re: How would you do it? A question for the engineers

Post by FSchmertz »

Biker wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 5:13 pm Why would one ever spend the money to do this?
Pratt Homes claims they cost around 1/2 as much per square foot as a stick-built home
Antknot
Not UJR's Military Attaché

Post by Antknot »

FSchmertz wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 10:43 pm
Biker wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 5:13 pm Why would one ever spend the money to do this?
Pratt Homes claims they cost around 1/2 as much per square foot as a stick-built home
Yes, however mobile home depreciate while stick built appreciate.
fouts
Forum God

Post by fouts »

remove the siding on both sides that will be joined, now you have studs exposed on both trailers. get whatever number of 2x4's needed to scab both walls together making a solid joining.open only 1/3 of the joined walls as a walk thru. try to use removed siding to patch the out side,dry wall in new interior wall. maybe a strip of aluminum to join and seal the roof outside..the outside roof is the least complicated issue.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

fouts wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 4:59 pm remove the siding on both sides that will be joined, now you have studs exposed on both trailers. get whatever number of 2x4's needed to scab both walls together making a solid joining.open only 1/3 of the joined walls as a walk thru. try to use removed siding to patch the out side,dry wall in new interior wall. maybe a strip of aluminum to join and seal the roof outside..the outside roof is the least complicated issue.
You are going to join two of these side by side and you think that the roof is the least of the issues?

Charliesheen
Snarky Fucker

Post by Charliesheen »

Animal wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 3:18 pm
fouts wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 4:59 pm remove the siding on both sides that will be joined, now you have studs exposed on both trailers. get whatever number of 2x4's needed to scab both walls together making a solid joining.open only 1/3 of the joined walls as a walk thru. try to use removed siding to patch the out side,dry wall in new interior wall. maybe a strip of aluminum to join and seal the roof outside..the outside roof is the least complicated issue.
You are going to join two of these side by side and you think that the roof is the least of the issues?

A cunt is a cunt by any other name.
hawkfan8812
Seattle's Finest!

Post by hawkfan8812 »

You can't.
BigChiefin
Needs to step away from the keyboard.

Post by BigChiefin »

I would just go ahead and kill myself if my life was so bad that I was living in a mobile home.
rule34
No life apart from this stupid forum board

Post by rule34 »

BigChiefin wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 4:25 pm I would just go ahead and kill myself if my life was so bad that I was living in a mobile home.
Good riddance.
du.du.du.dude looks like a lady
fouts
Forum God

Post by fouts »

Animal wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 3:18 pm

that's what I said
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

just probably run a bead of caulk where the two roofs come together and solve that problem. :lol:
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

i can't wait until next fall when Evvan checks back in and tells us how she solved this after never reading any suggestions.
Antknot
Not UJR's Military Attaché

Post by Antknot »

It will be before that, asking how to fix leaks.
Evil.Fkn.Mean,Nasty
Has a really kind, but cunty, heart

Post by Evil.Fkn.Mean,Nasty »

I once tried to assemble two big metal boxes to make a larger work area. At first, I could do it alone, but I quickly found it was much more complicated than it looked. There were many things to think about, like ensuring everything lined up right and keeping water out. So, I asked for help and got some engineers from a steel construction company. They knew exactly what to do and made the two boxes fit perfectly. They knew their stuff, and thanks to them, I had the bigger space I needed.