Another mass shooting

For all the MAGAt Trumpeteers and Lie-brul commies to post their wearisome screeds.
The board admins are not responsible for any items posted from Biker's FaceBook feed.
Anyone posting Ben Garrison comics gets a three-day vacation.

In memory of our lost political forum members. :cry:

Moderator: Biker

saltydog
Chief Biden Ballwasher

Re: Another mass shooting

Post by saltydog »

Animal wrote: ↑Thu Oct 26, 2023 8:54 pm
saltydog wrote: ↑Thu Oct 26, 2023 8:33 pm 🚨🚨🚨MAINE SHOOTING UPDATE: A video still of the shooters gun in the Maine shooting appears to be an AR-15-style rifle.

The SAME gun more than 30 law enforcement officers were AFRAID to confront in Uvalde that left 19 children dead.

The SAME gun that’s been
the weapon of choice in many of the most horrific mass shootings in recent memory, including the Covenant school shooting in Nashville just two weeks ago.

The SAME gun brandished by Republican radicals like Marjorie Taylor Greene and Lauren Boebert.

The SAME gun worn as a pin on the lapels of disgusting GOP lawmakers.

This is what we need to scream everywhere:

If 30 armed officers wearing full tactical gear with ballistic shields are too afraid to confront a single gunman with an AR-15, they SHOULD NOT be in the hands of civilians.

We have the answer. It’s the guns.
and yet, you are completely incapable of coming up with any kind of gun law that is a compromise that might work. your all or nothing attitude is why nothing is being done to solve it.
This is not a problem in any other country dippy.

It's the guns stupid.
The problem is not that there is evil in the world, the problem is that there is good. Because otherwise, who would care?
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

saltydog wrote: ↑Thu Oct 26, 2023 9:28 pm
Animal wrote: ↑Thu Oct 26, 2023 9:22 pm
dot wrote: ↑Thu Oct 26, 2023 8:58 pm
Animal wrote: ↑Thu Oct 26, 2023 8:54 pm and yet, you are completely incapable of coming up with any kind of gun law that is a compromise that might work. your all or nothing attitude is why nothing is being done to solve it.
The assault weapons ban did work. Did you not remember that? Whoops.
then pass it again. oh yeah, you can't. oh well. give up i guess.
Your turd party under Duhbya paid of, and continues to pay off lawmakers.

Maybe because it's an official it can be considered bribery.

Animals a fan of dead people over his personal property.
i am all for gun laws that will stop shit like what happened in maine. i haven't seen any to vote on though. how about making one we can vote on?
Reservoir Dog
Ricky
Location: Kicking and a' gouging in the mud and the blood and the beer.

Post by Reservoir Dog »

saltydog wrote: ↑Thu Oct 26, 2023 8:33 pm 🚨🚨🚨MAINE SHOOTING UPDATE: A video still of the shooters gun in the Maine shooting appears to be an AR-15-style rifle.

The SAME gun more than 30 law enforcement officers were AFRAID to confront in Uvalde that left 19 children dead.

The SAME gun that’s been
the weapon of choice in many of the most horrific mass shootings in recent memory, including the Covenant school shooting in Nashville just two weeks ago.

The SAME gun brandished by Republican radicals like Marjorie Taylor Greene and Lauren Boebert.

If 30 armed officers wearing full tactical gear with ballistic shields are too afraid to confront a single gunman with an AR-15, they SHOULD NOT be in the hands of civilians.

and yet, you are completely incapable of coming up with any kind of gun law that is a compromise that might work. your all or nothing attitude is why nothing is being done to solve it.
OH, STOP IT!
You righties won't give up a damn thing, and you fucking know it!
What a hypocrite. :roll:
CentralTexasCrude wrote: ↑Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:00 am You both fucked up. You trusted me.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

Reservoir Dog wrote: ↑Thu Oct 26, 2023 9:41 pm

The SAME gun that’s been

OH, STOP IT!
i have never gotten anything done by going in with that attitude. no wonder yall don't get any new gun laws.
Reservoir Dog
Ricky

Post by Reservoir Dog »

Animal wrote: ↑Thu Oct 26, 2023 9:43 pm
Reservoir Dog wrote: ↑Thu Oct 26, 2023 9:41 pm

The SAME gun that’s been

OH, STOP IT!
i have never gotten anything done by going in with that attitude. no wonder yall don't get any new gun laws.
:roll:
CentralTexasCrude wrote: ↑Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:00 am You both fucked up. You trusted me.
dot
Dodgin’ Ese

Post by dot »

Animal wrote: ↑Thu Oct 26, 2023 9:43 pm i have never gotten anything done by going in with that attitude. no wonder yall don't get any new gun laws.
Guess who else never got anything done with your attitude? Your party in charge of the House this whole year. Coincidentally, that's also who stops any attempts at new gun laws, but if you don't take responsibility for their infighting and chaos, I damn sure don't expect you to take responsibility for their obstruction towards anything for the people.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

dot wrote: ↑Thu Oct 26, 2023 9:51 pm
Animal wrote: ↑Thu Oct 26, 2023 9:43 pm i have never gotten anything done by going in with that attitude. no wonder yall don't get any new gun laws.
Guess who else never got anything done with your attitude? Your party in charge of the House this whole year. Coincidentally, that's also who stops any attempts at new gun laws, but if you don't take responsibility for their infighting and chaos, I damn sure don't expect you to take responsibility for their obstruction towards anything for the people.
Well fortunately your party has the executive branch, the Senate and now you caucus with MAGA so you have the house as well. So with all branches of government (the supreme court won't weigh in until after any laws are passed) you can pass all the gun laws you want. I expect to see them voting next week? Or is that too fast?
dot
Dodgin’ Ese

Post by dot »

Animal wrote: ↑Thu Oct 26, 2023 9:58 pm Well fortunately your party has the executive branch, the Senate and now you caucus with MAGA so you have the house as well. So with all branches of government (the supreme court won't weigh in until after any laws are passed) you can pass all the gun laws you want. I expect to see them voting next week? Or is that too fast?
Exactly who are you selling your bs to? Cause no one buys it here.
saltydog
Chief Biden Ballwasher

Post by saltydog »

The problem is not that there is evil in the world, the problem is that there is good. Because otherwise, who would care?
pork
Grouchy old fart.

Post by pork »

Antknot wrote: ↑Thu Oct 26, 2023 8:45 pm Which is more deadly?

A:
Image.

Or B;

depends on who's hand it's in. i am guessing they are both chambered the same and one looks more mean than the other one. same magazine capacity?
saltydog
Chief Biden Ballwasher

Post by saltydog »

I guess if you strut around like you own the place, you can make up whatever version of your own truth to see fit.

Animal, UJRs' Trump folks!
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

its nice to know what Jo thinks about it. thanks.
saltydog
Chief Biden Ballwasher

Post by saltydog »

dot wrote: ↑Thu Oct 26, 2023 10:02 pm
Animal wrote: ↑Thu Oct 26, 2023 9:58 pm Well fortunately your party has the executive branch, the Senate and now you caucus with MAGA so you have the house as well. So with all branches of government (the supreme court won't weigh in until after any laws are passed) you can pass all the gun laws you want. I expect to see them voting next week? Or is that too fast?
Exactly who are you selling your bs to? Cause no one buys it here.
It's funny how the usual suspects aren't exactly jumping to assist or defend his argument.
saltydog
Chief Biden Ballwasher

Post by saltydog »

Animal wrote: ↑Thu Oct 26, 2023 10:06 pm its nice to know what Jo thinks about it. thanks.
You're in a vast minority of thinking on almost every issue in existence.

Your Flumpy Old Man mindset is bordering extinction.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

saltydog wrote: ↑Thu Oct 26, 2023 10:09 pm
Animal wrote: ↑Thu Oct 26, 2023 10:06 pm its nice to know what Jo thinks about it. thanks.

i am thinking that instead of bitching every time some nut job takes out a rifle, you should get some legislation for people to debate or vote on or do something. my god your periodic whining is like pavlov's dog. bang bang, we need gun laws. bang bang, no more assault weapons.

but nothing happens and we wait for the next one. do something!
Reservoir Dog
Ricky

Post by Reservoir Dog »

Animal wrote: ↑Thu Oct 26, 2023 10:16 pm

i am thinking that instead of bitching every time some nut job takes out a rifle, you should get some legislation for people to debate or vote on or do something. my god your periodic whining is like pavlov's dog. bang bang, we need gun laws. bang bang, no more assault weapons.

Apparently, you've never heard of the "Safer Communities Act".
Try harder.
saltydog
Chief Biden Ballwasher

Post by saltydog »

My representatives, local government, and governor are all in favor.

What about YOUR empty politicians?
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

saltydog wrote: ↑Thu Oct 26, 2023 10:26 pm

My experience is that if I want to know if there are any fish in the water is to drop some bait that I think they will take. Warning: If you use bait they don't like you might be disappointed.
Reservoir Dog
Ricky

Post by Reservoir Dog »

Animal wrote: ↑Thu Oct 26, 2023 10:37 pm

My experience is that if I want to know if there are any fish in the water is to drop some bait that I think they will take. Warning: If you use bait they don't like you might be disappointed.
Okay... what's the bait?
stonedmegman
In Search of vitamin T

Post by stonedmegman »

How many have to die before something gets done? Obviously the status quo isn't working.
QANON IS JUST SCIENTOLOGY FOR HILLBILLIES
dot
Dodgin’ Ese

Post by dot »

Animal wrote: ↑Thu Oct 26, 2023 10:37 pm My experience is that if I want to know if there are any fish in the water is to drop some bait that I think they will take. Warning: If you use bait they don't like you might be disappointed.
So your bumpkin advice is to bribe politicians? Cause that’s what your reps like, and I love the irony.
saltydog
Chief Biden Ballwasher

Post by saltydog »

You sound like someone that's been refusing to upgrade from a flip phone since 2008.
Reservoir Dog
Ricky

Post by Reservoir Dog »

saltydog wrote: ↑Thu Oct 26, 2023 10:46 pm

You sound like someone that's been refusing to upgrade from a flip phone since 2008.
He's probably still using Windows 7.
saltydog
Chief Biden Ballwasher

Post by saltydog »

Reservoir Dog wrote: ↑Thu Oct 26, 2023 10:48 pm
saltydog wrote: ↑Thu Oct 26, 2023 10:46 pm

He's probably still using Windows 7.
Or maybe Ford trucks
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

Reservoir Dog wrote: ↑Thu Oct 26, 2023 10:42 pm
Okay... what's the bait?
I honestly don't know. Trying to figure out gun laws is not my thing and I don't know a heck of a lot about gun laws. But I know that every negotiation is possible. Everyone has something they will bargain. Even the people that have something that isn't for sale can be bought out. That's just a fact.

So, if people really wanted to solve this or at least start making progress, they would figure out some of those things. Instead of asking for the whole thing or starting at a point that everyone knows no one will agree to.

If you have ever been in mediation, they first get the two sides to lay out there best and worst offers and then they start working toward the middle ground. I always hear people bitching but I never see much being done.