while I'm on a roll...

All the news from the peanut gallery and where all the nasty trash talk fails miserably.
It can get NSFW-ish here: you have been warned!

Moderator: Animal

jsdspif
Tells *VERY* interesting (but true) stories.

while I'm on a roll...

Post by jsdspif »

I discovered the other night that the guy that designed the local stadium also designed our addition to our machine shop.He is our neighbor and I also bought a used car from him years ago. I saw him getting the mail the other day so I pulled in to talk to him about the stadium. I told him Elvis shook hands with me there. He said the first time Elvis came to town he and a group of stadium people had some sort of award to give elvis,he couldn't remeber if it was for setting attendance record or fastest sell out or both.He said one of Elvis people took them to a room and said Elvis would be in in a little while.So the guys wait around about an hour and the elvis guy comes back in the room"Elvis isn't feeling very well and he really wants to rest,he's very concerned about his performance so I'll take the award and give it to him". So the guys just waited for elvis to come out to the stage and as he walked by the group one of the guys said "welcome to wings stadium in Kalamazoo Michigan Elvis" and Elvis said "thank you,thank you very much" the designer guy said "Elvis appeared to be heavily under the influence of something or other" And we laughed.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Re: while I'm on a roll...

Post by Animal »

So this guy designed a stadium, drew the plans for an addition to a machine shop, and sold you a used car?
jsdspif
Tells *VERY* interesting (but true) stories.

Post by jsdspif »

another thing he did was adopt 2 sisters from korea,like went to korea and got them,when they were like 16. He went back a few years later and adopted their little brother. When I was talking to him he said "believe it or not i run into my fair share of assholes,but your father and mother were the nicest people I've ever dealt with",which made me feel pretty good,but pretty much everyone that has had any dealings with my parents have told me that. The only guy I can think of that didn't really like my dad was his bosses son.The guy just always thought my dad was "out to get him",but pretty much no one liked that guy. Another thing the guy told me that I thought was interesting and is probably true of all ice rinks was the ground underneath the rink has to be protected against freezing so under the concrete there is styrofoam 2 feet thick.Who knew?
BigChiefin
Needs to step away from the keyboard.

Post by BigChiefin »

jsdspif wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 10:48 pm I discovered the other night that the guy that designed the local stadium also designed our addition to our machine shop.He is our neighbor and I also bought a used car from him years ago. I saw him getting the mail the other day so I pulled in to talk to him about the stadium. I told him Elvis shook hands with me there. He said the first time Elvis came to town he and a group of stadium people had some sort of award to give elvis,he couldn't remeber if it was for setting attendance record or fastest sell out or both.He said one of Elvis people took them to a room and said Elvis would be in in a little while.So the guys wait around about an hour and the elvis guy comes back in the room"Elvis isn't feeling very well and he really wants to rest,he's very concerned about his performance so I'll take the award and give it to him". So the guys just waited for elvis to come out to the stage and as he walked by the group one of the guys said "welcome to wings stadium in Kalamazoo Michigan Elvis" and Elvis said "thank you,thank you very much" the designer guy said "Elvis appeared to be heavily under the influence of something or other" And we laughed.
jsdspif wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 7:03 am another thing he did was adopt 2 sisters from korea,like went to korea and got them,when they were like 16. He went back a few years later and adopted their little brother. When I was talking to him he said "believe it or not i run into my fair share of assholes,but your father and mother were the nicest people I've ever dealt with",which made me feel pretty good,but pretty much everyone that has had any dealings with my parents have told me that. The only guy I can think of that didn't really like my dad was his bosses son.The guy just always thought my dad was "out to get him",but pretty much no one liked that guy. Another thing the guy told me that I thought was interesting and is probably true of all ice rinks was the ground underneath the rink has to be protected against freezing so under the concrete there is styrofoam 2 feet thick.Who knew?
stonedmegman
In Search of vitamin T

Post by stonedmegman »

jsdspif wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 7:03 amAnother thing the guy told me that I thought was interesting and is probably true of all ice rinks was the ground underneath the rink has to be protected against freezing so under the concrete there is styrofoam 2 feet thick.Who knew?
I knew. I drove a Zamboni for 5 years.

Speaking of rolls. 6 dozen. Long friggin day.
QANON IS JUST SCIENTOLOGY FOR HILLBILLIES
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

what the fuck? are you in a commercial kitchen?
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet
Location: In the middle of frickin everywhere's bad thoughts.

Post by CentralTexasCrude »

Animal wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 7:40 pm what the fuck? are you in a commercial kitchen?
Marijuana processing area. It's shut down for Winter- might as well find another use.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

Oh. nevermind. that's a prison kitchen.
stonedmegman
In Search of vitamin T

Post by stonedmegman »

Animal wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 7:40 pm what the fuck? are you in a commercial kitchen?
Ya doing a favor for a friend. At the local church.
stonedmegman
In Search of vitamin T

Post by stonedmegman »

Animal wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 8:05 pm Oh. nevermind. that's a prison kitchen.
Don't you dox me!!!!
Bluespruce1964
Tomorrow's Best Poster
Interests: boating, fishing, dating, travel, music, trivia, crossword puzzles, coffee, reading, photography, swimming, grilling, smoking, building

Post by Bluespruce1964 »

I'm up early.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

junior high boys around the globe are laughing. (me too).
stonedmegman
In Search of vitamin T

Post by stonedmegman »

Animal wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 12:49 am junior high boys around the globe are laughing. (me too).
Wait. You're in junior high???
saltydog
Chief Biden Ballwasher

Post by saltydog »

stonedmegman wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 1:14 am
Animal wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 12:49 am junior high boys around the globe are laughing. (me too).
Wait. You're in junior high???
No. He's Hap-sized and also on drugs.
The problem is not that there is evil in the world, the problem is that there is good. Because otherwise, who would care?